Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error starting 8.3 snapshot (windows)

Hi

There are a couple of small errors in the windows start script in SmartClient_SNAPSHOT_v83d_2012-03-26_Pro.

Line 73 of smartclientSDK/WEB-INF/bin/embeddedTomcat.bat is missing the first character, i:
    Code:
    f %JAVA_IN_PATH% == 1 (
    Line 99 does not put the %JAVA_HOME% in quotes which leads to this message when I run it:
    Code:
    D:\SmartClient_SNAPSHOT_v83d_2012-03-26\smartclientSDK>start_embedded_server.bat

Using user-defined JAVA_HOME: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26"

\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin\java was unexpected at this time.

Looks like we added some .bat syntax which is Windows 7 specific. This has been corrected, can you grab the next nightly of 8.3d and confirm?

Comment

Hi,

Just tried with SmartClient_SNAPSHOT_v83d_2012-04-01 and it still fails.

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit).

The problem is line 99 which still reads:
      Code:
      if not "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" set JAVA=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java
      but should read something like:
      Code:
      if not "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" set JAVA="%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java"

Comment

We're checking it out...it's probably the parens, not the whitespace. Your suggestion is a good one, but appears to cause problems in WinXP.

Comment

As of last night's nightly, this problem should be fixed. However, be aware that it still afflicts setups that specify an explicit JAVA_HOME environment variable that points to a directory containing special chars like the parens in your "Program Files (x86)".

If you're relying on the auto-detection, however, then you should be fine.

Comment

It turns out that even an explicitly set JAVA_HOME with special chars now works. Please let us know if you still see any problems. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X