Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Client-side RPC Manager bug (JS client hangs) when Unicode linefeed in server data

Hi Isomorphic,

I found a severe (but likely easy to fix) bug in clientside RPC manager. One of my users entered (more likely: copy&pasted) some text into a "text" field. This texts leads to
    10:14:20.057:XRP8:WARN:RPCManager:Error evaling structured RPC response: unterminated string literal response text: .....
    10:14:20.119:XRP8:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_5 (dataSource: employees, created by: isc_ListGrid_4):Bad data returned, ignoring: "//isc_RPCResponseStart-->.....
    in the Developer Console. The request in the RPC tab itself is successful.

Looking at the data I found this to be related to Unicode LINE SEPARATOR (hex E280A8) in the data. I entered the same character in the DB (I used Oracle DB and Oracle SQL Developer to copy&paste) in BuiltInDS and tried to load it with the same result. Should also work for HSQLDB if you manage to store the value in the DB.

Related: If you try to copy&paste this character into a canEdit(true)-ListGrid and leave the row to save, you'll get the JS exception from the attached screenshot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Error_On_Unicode_LINE_SEPARATOR_Insert.png
Views:	211
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	231912

This happens in SNAPSHOT_v10.1d_2015-10-07 as well as in v10.0p_2015-10-08/PowerEdition.
    In Chrome 45, loading the data also renders the tab unresponsive for me (not the case in FF26).

Best regards
    Blama

To further clarify:
    • On load, the ListGrid does not display any data because of the "Bad data returned, ignoring"
    • The error in the screenshot on edit&paste&save was a DevMode error message

Comment

We'll take a look and get back to you.
      Thanks
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Agreed that these should be escaped - we have patched SC 10.0p/SGWT 5.0p as well ass SC 10.1d /SGWT 5.1d. The patch will appear in tomorrow's (October 13) build. Thanks for the report!

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is fixed for me, now.

Thank you & Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X