Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Of course not, but the magic of SmartGWT is to update all components observing for the data ... see post #1, repeated here.
    Code:
    ​Unknown.X1r/$wnd.isc.NumberUtil.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc.builtinTypes.integer.parseInput(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_FormItem__parseDisplayValue(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_TextItem_mapDisplayToValue(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_c_Class_invokeSuper(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_ComboBoxItem_mapDisplayToValue(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_ComboBoxItem__updateValue(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_FormItem_updateValue(Unknown Source)
    Unknown..$19v(Unknown Source)
    Unknown..handleDataArrived(Unknown Source)
    Unknown..$19n/<.dataArrived(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_ListGrid__dataArrived(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_ListGrid__observeData/<(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.observation(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc_ResultSet__doneDataArriving(Unknown Source)
    Unknown.isc.A.fetchRemoteDataReply(Unknown Source)
    In the standalone testcase, there is no GWT third party library, pure GWT and SmartGWT.
    I recompiled project a lot of times, clearing project, tomcat, browser cache, .....
    I tested with 6.0, 6.1 it does not work. It works only with 5.1.
    I tested with GWT 2.6, 2.7, same thing.
    Thank you anyway, i'll continue digging and maybe coming with something more concrete.

Comment

We haven't attempted to reproduce your issue and are skeptical of the stack traces that seem to show calls that shouldn't be present, but we have made a change to the NumberUtil.parseFloat() installed by SGWT so that it should no longer cause an exception if the supplied argument is already a number, or if the parsing of the string fails. Numbers will be passed through, and anything else that can't be parsed with be considered a NaN.

This change has been applied to SGWT 4.1p and newer, and will be in the nightly builds dated 2016-08-25 and beyond.

Comment

Evrika ! Thank you Isomorphic!
        It worked with 2016-08-25 build.
        Thank you for your patience and for this beautiful library.

Comment

Good to hear, however, please bear in mind that this is a workaround for what appears to be a badly flawed project. You've got multiple nonsense stack traces showing calls that don't exist; your trace in #16 is another example of this, since the "integer" SimpleType calls NumberUtil.parseInt(), not NumberUtil.parseFloat() (you can see this in SimpleType.js).

We don't know what's wrong with your project - it's almost as if you've got a JavaScript library in there randomly swapping functions around - but unless you correct the problem, it's likely that it will produce more bugs-that-aren't-bugs in the future.

Comment

I always try to isolate the issue to a standalone test case, to be sure there are not other libraries involved.
            Hope my project is clean, but i will keep in mind your advice.

Thank you again for your patience and your willing to help your users.
            You do not get the same support for a lot of other projects.
            We really appreciate this.

Comment

Working...
            X