Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unable to scroll mouse to an element not visible on the page

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2016-09-19/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2016-09-19)
    Browser: Firefox
    Version: 31.8.0

Background:
    Running automation tests with SmartClientRemoteWebDriver (in isomorphic-webdriver.jar version 5.0) on BrowserStack
    Selenium version: 2.48.2

After expanding the menu in the Navigation pane (on left side of the page), I am unable to scroll down to an element that is not visible on the page.
    Note: The Navigation pane does not have a scrollbar

I see there is SmartClientWebDriver().getMouse().mouseDown(Coordinates where) method for scroll action.
    However the method SmartClientWebDriver().findElement(By by).getLocation() returns Point object.
    Is there any method that returns Coordinates object that I can pass in the method on top?

I tried to use mouseWheel(int i) method available in Robot class (java.awt.Robot.Robot()) but it doesn't seem to work with our (SmartGWT) application.

You can call SmartClientWebDriver.mouseMove() on the By locator for the WebElement you need to interact with. That will bring it into view, and then trigger a mouseMove event over the element.

If that doesn't work, the other option is to call SmartClientWebDriver.getText() on the By locator, for the side effect - it scrolls the targeted element into view before trying to grab the text.

Note that your FireFox and Selenium version are both fairly old - you may want to update to SC 11.0p so that you can use a newer Selenium JAR and/or FireFox version.

Comment

Working...
    X