Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT 6.0 -- Missing image in Simplicity TransferIcons/right_Over.gif

We have been using SmartGWT. Previously we were on 5.0-p20160419

Recently we update to 6.0-p20161007 and then we had this problem.

We found that many *.gif icons are now missing. For example, this one:

Code:
     sc/skins/Simplicity/images/TransferIcons/right_Over.gif
    In the jar file (smartgwt-skins-6.0-p20161007.jar), what we found is the *.png version of that image

Code:
    com/smartclient/theme/simplicity/public/sc/skins/Simplicity/images/TransferIcons/right_Over.png
    We have read the other post about a similar problem (http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...=1476992996004)

The suggestion was to avoid loading two skins, but I think we are not doing that.

Our gwt.xml inherits the following modules:

Code:
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme"/> 
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtpower.tools.Tools"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources"/>
    After reading the aforementioned link, we tried inheriting the modules differently, such as this combination, to no avail:

Code:
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtpower.SmartGwtPowerNoTheme"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtToolsNoTheme"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.Simplicity"/>
    However, if we switched to another theme "BlackOps", then there were no gif/png confusion (the java script is loading TransferIcons/right_Over.png and the file is there in the jar file)

Code:
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtpower.SmartGwtPowerNoTheme"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtToolsNoTheme"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.blackops.BlackOpsResources"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.blackops.BlackOps"/>
    So it seems to me that the problem is not due to conflicting skins, but that the files are really missing.

Our versions:
    Client Version: v11.0p_2016-10-07/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2016-10-07)

The simple definitive test to see whether you are loading two skins is to watch what files are requested. Two requests for load_skin.js means two skins are being loaded. Looking at the module file is not sufficient, since you may have <script> tags in your host .html file.

If you are not loading two skins, then you are most likely loading the load_skin.js file from a previous version, while trying to use the resources (image files and such) from a more recent version. This may be due to browser caching, or the need to rerun your GWT compile (or both).

Comment

Thanks for your insight.

I looked at the access log of tomcat and indeed previously we were loading with a different version.

Code:
      "GET .../sc/skins/Simplicity/load_skin.js?isc_version=8.2.js HTTP/1.1" 200 3278
      This was due to a <script> line in our JSP file. So we removed the line, and now we are 100% sure there is only one load_skin.js, and it is not requesting a wrong version. Our access log now shows only the following activity

Code:
      "GET .../sc/skins/Simplicity/load_skin.js HTTP/1.1" 200 4591
      But still, we see the image file missing. The generated javascript is expect this image

Code:
      .../sc/skins/Simplicity/images/TransferIcons/right.gif
      but in the jar we only have this image

Code:
      .../sc/skins/Simplicity/images/TransferIcons/right.png
      I have also cleared my browser cache to make sure that it was not using an old version of load_skin.js somehow.

There are many other images in the folder of TransferIcons are in a similar situation. So I still believe some files are missing in SmartGWT 6.0

Comment

Hi,

I just found out the said image (TransferIcons/right.gif) is also missing on the Showcase site, when the Simplicity theme is selected:

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...tured_category

The versions on the Showcase site:
        Version: 6.0p
        Built Fri Oct 21 05:06:00 GMT-400 2016

Comment

Hi,

sorry for the late response. There is an internal error in our code that we are fixing right now, as our template for this skin should be pointing to the ".png" version of this image file instead of the old ".gif".
          There will be a fix in the coming hours, we will inform here in any case when the fix has been applied.

Best regards

Comment

Hi again,

the fix for this problem has been committed, the next nightly builds dated from October 26th should not display this error anymore.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi, I have been watching the build pages, but there have not been new builds in the last few days (the last one built was Oct 23). Will there be a build today for Oct 26?

http://www.smartclient.com/builds/Sm...p/PowerEdition

Comment

Hi,

I still see no build for 6,0p as of today (Oct 30, 2016) -- the last one built was Oct 23, 2016 (or 7 nightly builds seem to have been missed). Can you take a look?

Furthermore, I am now a bit confused with the different versions: 6.0p, 6.0d, and 6.1d. They are all listed on the nightly build index page: http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT , but I am not sure which one we should use.

The 6.1d did have nightly build in the last few days (e.g. the 27th, the 28th and the 30th), as shown on this page: http://www.smartclient.com/builds/Sm...d/PowerEdition

(The 6.0d page (for PowerEdition) is now empty. The link that I use is http://www.smartclient.com/builds/Sm...d/PowerEdition )

We purchased an upgrade of the developer license (for PowerEdition) back in Jun 2016, does the license also cover 6.1?

Despite the developer license to use, if we want a stable release, should we still be using 6.0p but not 6.1d?

Thanks!

Comment

We're working on the build issue.

Use the 6.0p builds, the folders labelled 6.0d just didn't get cleaned up (they are all empty) and we will get rid of them shortly.

If you have a license for 6.0, you have 6.1 as well. See Licensing FAQ for any further clarifications.

You could use either 6.0p or 6.1d according to your tolerance for possible bugs and regressions. The page at smartclient.com/builds explains the difference.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X