Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problems with LGPL showcase on iPad iOS Safari

Hi Isomorphic,

I tried to call the showcase (currently v11.0p_2017-01-06) on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 10.2, all updates, Retina (but reports resolution as 768x1024)) and noticed following errors:

1)
    • In portrait mode, click a sample (I used Adv. Filter builder sample)
    • Sample opens
    • Click "Smart GWT Showcase" button on the top left to open the sample TreeGrid
    • TreeGrid opens, but z-index is below the previously opened sample
    • It is also not possible to close the Sample selection that just opened or to select a sample
    • This does not happen when you open the sample directly with its "#" name in the URL (e.g. on reload of an open sample)
    2)
    • It is not possible to close a sample called from the sample tile portal and to return to the sample tile portal this way. The samples are no longer tabs, like if called with a desktop browser.
    3)
    • In ListGrids, tapping and holding the header in order to open the "right click header menu" also starts a sort once you let go in order to select an entry from the header menu.
    4)
    • If displaying the source of a sample, scrolling in the window is not possible.
    5)
    • RollOver controls don't work (perhaps show on selection on mobile devices?)
    6)
    • When opening a year selection of a date chooser (eg here), it is not possible to dismiss the year-selection by clicking outside the window. It does work that way on the desktop and on also on mobile for the date chooser itself
    7)
    All these errors are currently very minor to me.
    I hope I did not collect to many in one thread here.

Best regards
    Blama

In the EE Showcase, the button for the PDF Export here do not result in a native window on what to do with the export.
    Same for the Excel export here.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

By way of a follow-up - we agree that 1, 3, 4 and 6 are bugs, and those are fixed back to 5.0 - you can try them out in any recent build, they hit on January 27.

Your point 2) hasn't been actioned - at present, there's no mechanism to move between opened samples in this UI. We may add one in a future version.

Points 5 and 7 are behaving as expected.

We missed your own follow-up post about exports - can you retest those in a current build and let us know what you see?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks for fixing.
        Currently, the online LGPL showcase seems to have problems - almost all images are missing.

For the EE issues from #2:
        PDF export is working now (online showcase, using v11.0p_2017-02-01).
        "View as PDF" and "Download as PDF" are the same, but I think that's iOS related, because you can't really download something there.

Excel export has some (other than before) issues. The export itself is now working.
        • EE-1) Still on the iPad, click Export
        • Page changes
        • Click "back" in browser to go to the showcase again
        • Export type dropdown is not working anymore, same for "Show in Window"
        • Now, sorting by a column is also broken (loading wheel is displayed and loading does not finish)
        Reload the page
        • EE-2) Select something else than CSV in the whole-page dialog, click done
        • Listgrid is shown again, but without headers, also the Export-format selection and the export button are not shown.
        • Just pulling the page down makes those appear again.
        Reload the page
        • EE-3) Just clicking "Show in window" results in the missing GUI as above in EE-2

Another issue where I don't know if you can do anything about:
        • EE-4) I have the showcase as "App" on my iPad-Homescreen, resulting it in loading without Safari GUI (in Safari, select "Add to Home-Screen" (my translation))
        • Now if you open the Excel export, it is working, but you can't go back.
        • Only thing possible then is to kill the "App" from the launcher.
        • Also the "More... Results.csv Open in numbers" that is visible in Safari-mode for a short time (iOS generated), is not visible in "App" mode.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

regarding the LGPL issues from #1:
          I'm now using the online showcase with v11.0p_2017-02-04 on iOS 10.2.1.
          Issues 1, 3 and 6 are fixed for me, issue 4 is not (e.g. here).

Testing, I found these further issues (again no priority for me):

LGPL-8:
          • Sorting by a right-aligned column clips the lat character of the column header and also does not show the sort indicator, e.g. "Nationhood" here.
          LGPL-9:
          • Open a sample
          • Click "Smart GWT Showcase" to open the sample picker
          • Notice that the sample picker only opens on the second click on the button
          • Sometimes the first click lets the whole sample flash for half a second.
          • If a ListGrid with right aligned columns is currently shown, their header move on the 1st click on the button (only on the 1st click), eg. here.
          LGPL-10:
          • In the simple-freeze sample, sorting by SKU shows the sort indicator and the "show context menu picker" in the column
          • Now, hide column "Description" with the "show context menu picker" of the SKU column
          • Notice that from now on, the "show context menu picker" is no longer displayed for any column
          LGPL-11:
          • In a ListGrid (e.g. here), start scrolling.
          • Before scrolling finishes, click the "Smart GWT Showcase"-sample chooser.
          • Notice that the ListGrid content disappears and stays hidden until you interact with the sample again.
          LGPL-12:
          • In Vertical tabs sample, switching the Tabs via the buttons lets the TabSets flash. This does not happen for clicking the Tabs itself in the TabSet-header.
          • Perhaps this is Button-related, as a similar thing happens here, where the buttons flash and if you click "longest"/"shortest" while the Dialog is shown, the buttons stay hidden until you dismiss the Dialog.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

FYI, since you can't really download files on iOS devices, we are disabling download option in export samples for iOS.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I just retested the issues with the same iPad, now on iOS 11.0.3 and the current nightly (v11.1p_2017-10-26). For me, these are still open:
              • LGPL-4: Scroll sample source
              • LGPL-8: Sorting by a right-aligned column clips the lat character of the column header and also does not show the sort indicator, e.g. "Nationhood" here.
              • LGPL-11: A currently scrolling ListGrid content is hidden, is the user clicks the menu button
              Best regards
              Blama

Comment

We've fixed issue LGPL-4 back to SGWT 5.1p/SC 10.1p. The fix will be in the nightly builds dated 2017-11-08 and beyond.

We've confirmed that we can reproduce issues LGPL-8/11, but since you've said they are not high priority for you, we've queued them for investigation, but not with high priority.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

great, thanks.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

just to confirm: LPGL-4 (If displaying the source of a sample, scrolling in the window is not possible.) is fixed for me in the current showcase using an iPad with iOS 11.1.

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

Working...
                    X