Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dashboard Auto-Refresh

I'm looking to create a management dashboard with SmartGWT. I was curious on how to handle refreshing the data so that the dashboard is "live". Is there already some sort of component or system within SmartGWT that would auto-refresh data on an interval? Or is that something I would write myself?

If SmartGWT doesn't have anything like this already built in, I was going to call a DMI method on the server that would return all of the necessary statistics in a loop every X seconds to handle refreshing the dashboard.

Thanks!

There is a ListGrid.refreshData() API for that particular component, which provides a silent refresh (user doesn't see the grid go blank during the refresh, as would happen with eg invalidateCache()).

There is also the Real-Time Messaging system, but this would only be appropriate if 1) you need extremely low latency delivery of updates to browser and 2) you are sending incremental updates, not full refreshes, and neither point seems to apply here, so the approach of periodically refreshing on an interval is probably more appropriate.

Comment

Great, thank you for the response, just what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
      X