Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Nested grid should not scroll horizontally when scrolling outer grid

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2017-02-11/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2017-02-11)

I am using nested listgrids.
    On horizontally scrolling the outer grid, the nested grid is also scrolled. How can i stop this behaviour.

Any help on this.

Comment

Hi,

this is not happening in the showcase. You'll have to give more details (e.g. all browsers?) and compare your code to the sample.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Blama,

Sorry i did not mention clearly. I am talking about horizontal scroll. Even in the showcase example, if we increase the width of column in outer grid, horizontal scrollbar appears. Now if i scroll towards right, the nested grid area is also scrolled and blank space appears.
        How can i stop this?

Comment

Hi swatiagarwal,

now I get what you are talking about. It sounded like "if I move the outer horizontal scrollbar, the inner one also moves".
          You want to have the inner grid always in view, even if you scroll the outer grid to see more columns of the data.

E.g. this modified sample:
          Code:
          isc.ListGrid.create({
              ID: "categoryList",
              width:650, height:300, 
              alternateRecordStyles:true,
              dataSource: supplyCategory,
              autoFetchData: true,
              fields: [
                  { name: "categoryName", width: 500 },
                  { name: "parentID", width: 500 }
              ],
              canExpandRecords: true,
              expansionMode: "related",
              detailDS:"supplyItem"
          });
          Unfortunately I don't know how to do this or if the behavior you are seeing is a bug. But I agree that your suggested behavior seems better than the current default one.
          If that is not possible, this master/detail sample might also be an option for you

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X