Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

"loadScriptTagFiles.js" is empty

I am migrating to GWT 2.7.0 in order to use Super DevMode. I tried to run the BuildInDS sample (nothing was changed to it) and got a blank page.

According to http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...eshooting.html I realized that I need to "Make sure to run the GWT Plugin in Classic Dev Mode at least once, to install the Framework resources and generate loadScriptTagFiles.js." Hence I switched back to GWT 2.6.1, run the sample and the loadScriptTagFiles.js file was generated.

I switched back to GWT 2.7.0, run the sample and again blank page. The problem is that the loadScriptTagFiles.js file is empty. Why is it empty and how can I correctly generate it?

I am using Mac OS X 10.10.5, Firefox 53.0.2 (64-bit), Eclipse Kepler Service Release 2, SGWT L5.0 - nightly build from: 2015-09-24. The same happens on other operating systems, with newer versions of Eclipse and other browsers...

Any hint is appreciated. Thank you!

Originally posted by slick07 View Post
    I realized that I need to "Make sure to run the GWT Plugin in Classic Dev Mode at least once, to install the Framework resources and generate loadScriptTagFiles.js." Hence I switched back to GWT 2.6.1, run the sample and the loadScriptTagFiles.js file was generated.
    No, don't switch back to GWT 2.6.1 - the troubleshooting table didn't say to do that. Just toggle the radio button in the GWT Plugin tab to "Classic Dev Mode" and rerun it. The loadScriptTagFiles.js file will never be generated if you're running GWT 2.6.1.

Comment

It's normal, in some circumstances, for loadScriptTags.js to be empty.

Before doing anything else, get the latest patched version. You are 1.5 years out of date.

Then, if you still have the problem, post more complete information: what's in your host .html file, what error is actually occurring (not just "blank page"), etc.

Comment

Problem was solved by configuring the GWT Plugin. Thank you! I did not supply any other code related details because I mentioned that I was trying to run the BuildInDS sample.

Comment

Hello,
          We have a tomcat web app build using gwt-2.0.3 and smartgwt-2.2 libraries. We are moving to java9. So, we are trying to upgrade to gwt-2.8.2 and smartgwt-6.0p. We generate the gwt code using ant ("com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler" is used for by ant). The compilation works fine (we don't see any issues.

But during run time, we see the below message during page load:

>>>>>>>
          " Core SmartClient JavaScript libraries appear not to be loaded. If inheriting the No Script SmartGwt modules, verify that the HTML file includes <Script src=...> tags to load the SmartClient module.js files from the appropriate location within the WAR. By default these files are present under [GWT appname]/sc/modules/.
          In SuperDevMode, the cause may be that the SmartClient resources have not been extracted from the SmartGWT JARs, or resources have not been extracted from the SmartGWT JARs, or the loadScriptTagFiles.js file that works around the SDM linker's rules by force-loading your script tag content hasn't been generated..."

>>>>>>>>>>

And, I see the file loadScriptTagFiles.js is not found on browser console (404 error is shown). In the compilation directory and in war file, I see the file loadScriptTagFiles.js is available in the same directory as the *.nocache.js file.

Here is how our *.gwt.xml file looks:
          ---------------------
          <module>
          <!-- Inherit the core Web Toolkit stuff. -->
          <inherits name="com.google.gwt.core.Core"/>
          <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User' />
          <inherits name="com.google.gwt.resources.Resources" />
          <inherits name='ourpkg.config.DTO' /> // this is an inhouse pacake

<!-- smartgwt -->
          <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>

<!-- Specify the app entry point class. -->
          <entry-point class='ourpkg.client.AppGwtDelegator' />

<!-- Specify the path of source code to be translated to javascript -->
          <source path='client' />

<!-- Specify the path of files to be added to public path -->
          <public path='client' />

<script src="styleswitcher.js"></script>

<servlet path='/ss'
          class='ourpkg.server.AppService' />
          </module>

-------------------

Any pointers/hints would help.

thanks

Comment

The Debugging topic explains how to set up SuperDevMode, including a troubleshooting guide.

Comment

Working...
            X