Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Developer consol tabs not enabled - Requires SmartClient Server

SmartClient version v10.1p_2016-11-11/PowerEdition deployment ( built 2016-11-11)

On the smart client developer console the Server Logs, XML, Admin Console add Reference Docs tabs are all unavailable with hovre message of "Requires SmartClient Server"

If I launch the Admin Console via a call to SC.openDataSoureConsole the page comes up but I get the following warn dialog " Transport error - HTTP code 500 for URL:
    http://127.0.0.1:8888/myprojname/too...Operations.jsp from the Database configuration tab. I also noticed that I'm getting a compile failed errors in the development console on myproj/tools.adminConsoleOperations.jsp when selecting any tab. Message says see compiler error output but I have no idea where to find this.,

Not sure if this is related but I did upgrade a while ago from smartgwtpower-4.1p to 5.1p a while ago. I'm not sure how long this problem has existed as this is the first time I've wanted to use the admin console.

Other than this every thing else building, debugging, deploying, etc. works.

I'm not in a position to easily send logs or code, and also realize that it may be hard to provide help given what I have provided but I'm hoping maybe you can provide some guidance here. Clearly something is mis-configured/installed ??

thanks in advance

You forgot to inherit the Tools module. See installation instructions.

Comment

I have read the install instructions and think I have followed them.

I have the following child element in the <module> element of myproj.gwt.xml

<inherits name='com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools'/>

And if the inherit was missing would that explain the jsp compilation error ?

Comment

So as a test removed the <inherits name='com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools'/> from myproj.gwt.xml and the behavior was the same. ?? Which I believe may support you earlier response. Is that not the correct inherits element ???

Comment

Be thorough when reading the installation instructions: have you run a GWT compile? Because you appear to be missing resources. You may also have skipped steps in terms of web.xml entries. See also the Tools Deployment overview.

Comment

Working...
          X