Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DatetimeItem is not allowing to select date values from date chooser

Hi Team,
    After upgrading smartgwt from 4.0pNov07 to 6.0p-2017-05-26, I am having strange issue.

Origianl Verion:
    gwt: 2.5.1
    smartgwt: 4.0pNov07

Migrated Version
    gwt: 2.8.1
    smartgwt: 6.0p-2017-05-26

In the original Version, when the date chooser picker is selected for datetimeitem and the date is selected in date chooser, the choosen date value along with the time is reflected in the datetimeitem. I don't need select 'APPLY' explicitly in date chooser.

After migration, i need to select 'APPLY' explictily to select the choosen date value in the date chooser to reflect in the datetimeitem. Is this a bug or the new changes as part of smart gwt 6 ?

For fields of type "datetime", we wait for a click on the Apply button because the user is expected to enter a time as well as selecting a date.

You can cause the DateChooser to close when you click on a date either by making the field type: "date", instead of "datetime", or via DateChooser.setCloseOnDateClick().

Comment

Thanks.
      1.But this wasn't the case in earlier version of smartgwt (i.e 4.0pNov07), when the user chooses the date in DateChooser, the selected date along with the time component would be reflected in the UI DateTimeItem .
      2. How do i retrieve the DataChooser widget from DataTimeItem in the new release(6.0p-2017-05-26) ?

Comment

Yes, 4.0 is a very old release - many changes and enhancements have been made in the various versions since 4.0, but only bug fixes are ported back to such old versions.

You can setCloseOnDateClick() on a DateChooser instance and pass it to dateTimeItem.setPickerProperties() - or you could change the setting globally for all DateTimeItems with DateTimeItem.changeAutoChildDefaults("picker", DateChooser instance), or for all DateChoosers with DateChooser.setDefaultProperties().
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 29 Jun 2017, 23:39.

Comment

Working...
        X