Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Asserting SC.warn's error message with selenium

Hi,

I am evaluating selenium for automating our SmartGWT GUI. Currently I try to assert the message text which gets displayed with SC.warn("some text"). Unfortunately i am not able to locate the element from selenium. I copied the scLocator for the message from Selenium IDE, but when I call findElement with the locator the element is not found(message from debugger "org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement@6e13ad91 -> unknown locator" )

This is the code i am using. We use SmartGWT 6.0p from 28.02.2017 and selenium-java 2.53.1
    File ff45esr = new File("C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox ESR 45\\firefox.exe");
    SmartClientWebDriver driver = new SmartClientFirefoxDriver(new FirefoxBinary(ff45esr));
    driver.get(BASE_URL);
    driver.waitForElementPresent(ByScLocator.scLocator("scLocator=//Dialog[ID="isc_globalWarn"]/messageLabel/"));
    WebElement ele = driver.findElement(ByScLocator.scLocator("scLocator=//Dialog[ID="isc_globalWarn"]/messageLabel/"));

How can I assert the displayed message with selenium?

Thanks
    Regards,
    Martin

Well, the simple explanation is that the page you are testing fails to show the dialog.

If you don't think that's the problem, please show a minimal, ready-to-run test case in which a dialog is shown but you are unable to locate it with Selenium.

Comment

Working...
    X