Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

This is an invalid example - successful add operations return records, and criteria do not affect the result of an add operation - so this is a violation of the DataSource protocol and needs to be fixed your server code.

Comment

Why is this an invalid example? I don't have any server code in this example. In my specific case, I have a calendar with all records from user='A' (having a join in the tableClause). User 'A' adds a record for user 'B', and the add operation is successful. But, because of the join clause and the criteria, the add operation does not return any records, which is correct, since I am listing the records only for user 'A'.

Is this an invalid example?

And even if it was, is it valid that the whole application crashes and F5 has to be entered?

Comment

See the docs that explain DataSource Operations: an "add" operation is expected to return the record-as-saved.

The details of how you've implemented the "add" operation don't matter. You still have to fulfill the API.

If you return an unexpected result from an API you're implementing, in most cases there is no way to proceed and the application will crash and/or hang (in any kind of system). We do plan to add some additional error handling code here just to report this problem, but the "add" operation will still fail, so the end user will still experience something he shouldn't until you fix your server response.

Comment

Ok, makes sense, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X