No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Vertical scrollbar in calendar month view

Hi,

Using SGWT Power 5.0

In showcase, in a calendar, month view, when a day cell contains more time entries that can be displayed, +1 more ... is displayed for entries that can't be displayed. If one needs to edit these hidden entries, there is no link for that, so it makes those entries inaccessible. Is it possible to replace this behaviour by simply showing a vertical scrollbar on the cell when needed ?

Thanks, Ben.

We've made the "+ 1 more..." text into a link that opens a menu at the mouse location - the menu lists any overflowed events, and clicking them opens them in an event editor.

You can test the new feature in builds dated January 17 and later

Comment

Thanks but I would really prefer the scrollbar solution, because i have a customizd getDayBodyHTML that does not implement the +1 more (I used the showcase example just to make my request easier to explain). In my customized version I cannot use +1 more trick.

Isn't there a simple way to (optionally) activate overflow-y:auto on the TD element or DIV of the cell ? I have tried this on the DIV that I return to getDayBodyHTML, it works for some browsers and for others not. Also in some browser (IE) y-scrolling implemented my side triggers the event clicked event and opens the event editor which is quite annoying for the user. That is what makes me think that the y-scrolling should maybe be activated in a parent element above the DIV I return to getDayBodyHTML?

Comment

It should be simple; as you've discovered, it's not (due to browser inconsistencies). If you're looking for within-cell scrolling, consider Feature Sponsorship.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Can you please explain how the framework is determining how many events can be displayed before triggering the "+ 1 more..." in Month view?

Is there any way to customize this?

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2015-02-05/Pro Deployment (built 2015-02-05)

Thanks

Comment

Internally, there is loop code which adds entries until (loopCounter * entryHeight) > rowHeight.

Can you clarify why you want to configure this behavior?

Is it the case that you have a custom skin or custom font, at least, which means that the default code doesn't show enough entries, or tries to show too many?

Comment

Can you clarify why you want to configure this behavior?

Is it the case that you have a custom skin or custom font, at least, which means that the default code doesn't show enough entries, or tries to show too many?
              Yes, exactly, I have customized the style of the event, including a larger font, and the calculation is no longer accurate so I thought there might be a property like, entryHeight, that might be configurable.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the clarification - the problem is that internal code assumes an entryHeight of 15px - this is old code, that shouldn't be hard-coded anyway, so we'll make changes to pick up the appropriate height from the font and update here shortly.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,
                  We will be picking up a new build today for some styling changes you made (http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=32075), and we were wondering if there are any updates relating to this post as well and if so, which versions/builds they will go into.
                  Thanks

Comment

This hasn't been dealt with yet - we'll update here in a day or so.

Comment

This is now in place for builds dated February 11 and later.

Comment

Working...
                      X