Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can I disable the build for tools/visualBuilder?

I have been using SmartGWT for quite a while. I don't use anything related to tools/visualBuilder (yet)

Today I upgraded my Eclipse from an older version (3.7 Indigo) to the latest (4.4.1 Luna).

Then I noticed that my Eclipse build becomes very slow. It seems to spend a lot of time for validating the code under .../tools/visualBuilder

Eclipse message would say:

User Operation is Waiting
    Building workspace
    Validating <proj>/war/<module>/tools/visualBuilder

(where <proj> is my Eclipse project name, and <module> is the GWT module name of the project)

When I checked the log file (details attached below), I saw a number of complains about

Code:
    Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.5.1/gwt-2.5.1/gwt-dev.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.
    However, I am not using GWT 2.5.1 at all. I am using GWT 2.6 and I checked my .classpath file and it refers only to jar files in 2.6 (I include the full .classpath file at the end of this post)

I am not sure if this is related. I also just today switched to use a new snapshot of SmartGWT 5.0 -- Yesterday I was using

5.0-p20141218

but today I am using

5.0-p20150129

I am not using anything related to tools/visualBuilder yet. Is there a way for me to disable the build for it?

My .classpath file
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <classpath>
    	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Program Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/gwt-user.jar">
    		<attributes>
    			<attribute name="javadoc_location" value="file:/C:/Program%20Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/doc/javadoc/"/>
    		</attributes>
    	</classpathentry>
    	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Program Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/gwt-dev.jar">
    		<attributes>
    			<attribute name="javadoc_location" value="file:/C:/Program%20Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/doc/javadoc/"/>
    		</attributes>
    	</classpathentry>
    	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Program Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar"/>
    	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Program Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar" sourcepath="C:/Program Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.6.0/gwt-2.6.0/validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar"/>
    	<classpathentry including="**/*.java" kind="src" output="target/classes" path="src">
    		<attributes>
    			<attribute name="optional" value="true"/>
    			<attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
    		</attributes>
    	</classpathentry>
    	<classpathentry kind="src" path="test"/>
    	<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6">
    		<attributes>
    		</attributes>
    	</classpathentry>
    	<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
    		<attributes>
    			<attribute name="org.eclipse.jst.component.dependency" value="/WEB-INF/lib"/>
    		</attributes>
    	</classpathentry>
    	<classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
    </classpath>
    More detailed log message from Eclipse
    Code:
    !ENTRY com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite 4 0 2015-01-29 17:58:32.199
    !MESSAGE Launch configuration processor failed to run
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: The archive: C:/Program Files/eclipse-jee-indigo-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.5.1/gwt-2.5.1/gwt-dev.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.abort(JavaRuntime.java:1406)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.abort(JavaRuntime.java:1391)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(JavaRuntime.java:955)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.StandardClasspathProvider.resolveClasspath(StandardClasspathProvider.java:75)
    	at com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.launch.ModuleClasspathProvider.resolveClasspath(ModuleClasspathProvider.java:195)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.maven.launch.MavenClasspathProvider.resolveClasspath(MavenClasspathProvider.java:153)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathProvider.resolveClasspath(RuntimeClasspathProvider.java:63)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspath(JavaRuntime.java:1258)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.getClasspath(AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:412)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.launch.LaunchConfigurationProcessorUtilities.getClasspath(LaunchConfigurationProcessorUtilities.java:147)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.launch.LaunchConfigurationProcessorUtilities.getClassLoaderFor(LaunchConfigurationProcessorUtilities.java:130)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.launch.processors.MainTypeProcessor.computeMainTypeName(MainTypeProcessor.java:123)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.launch.processors.MainTypeProcessor.update(MainTypeProcessor.java:175)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.launch.processors.LaunchConfigurationUpdater.update(LaunchConfigurationUpdater.java:153)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.launch.processors.LaunchConfigAffectingChangesListener.syncUpdate(LaunchConfigAffectingChangesListener.java:93)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.launch.processors.LaunchConfigAffectingChangesListener.access$2(LaunchConfigAffectingChangesListener.java:89)
    	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.launch.processors.LaunchConfigAffectingChangesListener$1.runInWorkspace(LaunchConfigAffectingChangesListener.java:78)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    My current Eclipse is 4.4.1

About the stale GWT 2.5.1 references, Eclipse should have cleaned those up when you switched to 2.6, but if not, you can hand edit the .project file to get rid of them; the format is self-explanatory.

About excluding Visual Builder, there is no "build process" for Visual Builder so you are likely looking in the wrong place to explain your slow build (Eclipse may be misreporting which steps are actually taking time). However, if you want to try excluding it, just remove the <inherits> for the SmartGWTEETools module from your .gwt.xml.

Comment

Working...
    X