Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ServerSide cache in SmartGWT

How to implement ServerSide cache in SmartGWT?

Any help please

Comment

I'm using SmartGWT Pro 5.0p and had to build a custom datasource for other reasons. Implementing Google's Guava caching with my data access object was not too much more work. When I call the DAO's fetch/select methods, the first path it takes is into the cache, if it's not there then into the database (100M rows of non-changing data).

I don't think there is any SmartGWT server API that does caching or a way to use caching directly with the SmartGWT DataSource, but I am really new with SmartGWT.

Like others will tell you here and on any tech forum, if you provide some reasonable amount of details about what you are trying to do and what you have done so far you are more likely to get assistance. We want to help not teach or search for you.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to store some reference data in the server side cache(read once from DB and store in the cache if any manual update happened in that reference table then fetch from DB otherwise always get it from cache), that ref data is common to all users in the system. Same like second level cache in the Hiberante.

Comment

I have a better understanding of what you are trying to do big picture and Guava does that. Did you review Guava? They have lots of good information and example code and a reasonable starting point is https://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/wiki/CachesExplained.

I don't have any idea of what you have tried or researched so far, except that you know about Hibernate. You could use Hibernate, but it has been years since I last worked with it, so I won't be any help there.

Back to your original question, my answer is: Use Guava to implement server side caching.

Comment

Thanks for your reply , I will try that part

Comment

Working...
            X