Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Bug with ComboBoxItem Vertical Scrollbar in Simplicity Skin

Hi Isomorphic,

I noticed a severe bug with ComboBoxItem in IE11 (Win8.1) only in Simplicity Skin. Unfortunately I can't present a quick way to it, as you removed Simplicity from the showcases examples. I can't produce it in current on-line Showcases with IE11 in Enterprise skin nor in my application with GC42/FF26 in Simplicity skin.

I'm using v10.0p_2015-04-10.

Steps I do:
    • Open a ComboBoxItem that scrolles its data vertically (I open it by using the mouse and the arrow next to the text field)
    • Click the scrollbar, the popup closes
    • If you reopen the popup, it is one scrollbar-width shifted to the right and has the same defect
    • The shifting only happens once

This is my ComboBoxItem setup, if this helps:
    Code:
    public class ComboBoxItemCampaign extends ComboBoxItem {
    	final private DataSource campaignDS = DataSource.get(DatasourceEnum.T_CAMPAIGN.getValue());

public ComboBoxItemCampaign(String name, boolean withOtherLECampaigns, boolean defaultToFirstOption) {
    		super(name);
    		setOptionDataSource(campaignDS);

if (withOtherLECampaigns) {
    			setOptionOperationId("fetchOwnAndOtherLECampaigns");
    		} else {
    			setOptionOperationId("fetchOwnLECampaigns");
    			setOptionCriteria(new AdvancedCriteria(OperatorId.AND, new Criterion[] {
    					new Criterion("STARTDATE", OperatorId.LESS_OR_EQUAL, new Date()),
    					new AdvancedCriteria(OperatorId.OR, new Criterion[] { new Criterion("ENDDATE", OperatorId.GREATER_OR_EQUAL, new Date()),
    							new Criterion("ENDDATE", OperatorId.IS_NULL) }) }));
    		}
    		setValueField(campaignDS.getPrimaryKeyFieldName());
    		setFetchMissingValues(true);

setDisplayField("NAME");
    		setSortField("NAME");

setValidateOnExit(true);
    		setDefaultToFirstOption(defaultToFirstOption);
    		setTextMatchStyle(TextMatchStyle.SUBSTRING);
    		setBrowserSpellCheck(false);
    	}
    }

Best regards
    Blama
    Attached Files

Hi Isomorphic,

I just tested with v10.0p_2015-04-06 because of the recent changes you made to ComboBoxItem in this thread. The behaviour is the same for me.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I just tested with current v10.0p_2015-04-21. The behaviour is the same for me.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Thanks for the notification.
        We've made a change to the 5.0p and 5.1p branches to address this.
        Please try the next nightly build dated April 22 or above

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

there is no change in behaviour for me using v10.0p_2015-04-23 (cleared cache).

I also noted that the scrollbars look very different comparing FF/GC to IE, see screenshot.

Best regards,
          Blama
          Attached Files

Comment

We'll double check the fix.

The difference in appearance is due to the fact that where possible we rely on native css scrollbars in the Simplicity skin to make the skin more lightweight / avoid having to deliver scrollbar image media, etc.

You can always turn this off via the 'showCustomScrollbars' attribute of Canvas. (This would also resolve the initial reported problem by the way as this issue occurs only in IE with events occurring over the native css scrollbars - though as we said we are fixing that in the framework, and indeed thought we already had, though we're re-testing).

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've retested this issue and are no longer reproducing the problem. Could you double check?
              We'd recommend you clear browser cache, quit and restart the browser before your test to ensure you're getting fresh files (and also check the date reported in the developer console -- in the bottom left corner).

If the problem persists, please let us know. Probably best to show us a complete runnable test case demonstrating the problem (either a simple standalone EntryPoint class we can drop into a project and load with the Simplicity skin, or possibly a modified version of one of our samples) and complete steps to get the problem to occur, in case we're somehow testing in a different manner.

Thanks
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I retested and the result is the same. I will try to build a testcase tomorrow, which will hopefully be fast - a full undeploy/compile/deploy-cycle is required every time.

As for my application: The ComboBoxItem is member of a databound DynamicForm inside a TabSet in a Window. This should not matter, should it?
                I'm asking because I just read this thread, where the user reports different behaviour for a FormItem whether it is in a Window or not.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

We wouldn't expect that to matter for this case. Windows can be modal which can effect how we process mouse events (and focus) in some cases, but this particular issue seems like it wouldn't be effected by this.

Please do get us a test case and we'll take another look

Thanks
                  Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

I got the test case right on the 1st try - unexpected but very welcome :)

I use the test case I prepared in this thread.

Additionally I change BuiltInDS.gxt.xml:
                    Code:
                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                    <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.5.1//EN"
                       "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.5.1/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
                    <module rename-to="builtinds">
                    	<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User' />
                    	<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
                    	<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools" />
                    <!--     <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
                     -->
                    	<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoTheme" />
                    	<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.Simplicity" />

<!-- Uncomment lines below for GWT Super Dev Mode Support:
                           - both lines needed for GWT < 2.6, only the first line needed for GWT < 2.7
                           - see http://www.smartclient.com/docs/release/a/b/c/go.html#group..debugging -->
                        <!-- <add-linker name="xsiframe" />                                             -->
                        <!-- <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled" value="true" />  -->

<!-- Uncomment lines below for GWT "stack emulation" with file/line number info -->
                        <!-- <set-property               name="compiler.stackMode"  value="emulated" /> -->
                        <!-- <set-configuration-property name="compiler.emulatedStack.recordFileNames"
                                                         value="true" />                                -->
                        <!-- <set-configuration-property name="compiler.emulatedStack.recordLineNumbers"
                                                         value="true" />                                -->

<entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS' />
                    </module>
                    I then war'd the project and deployed the war-file.
                    In IE11, I select "animals" and double click an entry and open the 1st dropdown (the ComboBoxItem).

When trying to click or click-drag either the position-knob or the scrollbar-arrows, the popup immediately closes.
                    Please note that this does not happen always, but in more than 95% of the cases. I have not been able to tell what differs these 5% from the rest.
                    Scrolling via the mousewheel is always possible.

I hope this helps. As it seems to be very obscure, please note that I included a screenshot of the exact IE11 version in the 1st post.

Best regards
                    Blama
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

can you reproduce with the testcase from the last post?

Best regards
                      Blama

Comment

We are still looking at this - having some trouble reproducing it.

One question - are you unable to reproduce this when running directly from Eclipse (without war'ing up and deploying to a server)?

We would expect a problem like this to manifest as much when deployed directly from Eclipse using the GWT plugin (in SuperDev mode or normal Dev mode, or having run a local compile) as it would when deployed. Are you *not* seeing the problem in this case, or is the fact that you are testing via deployment of the war due to some other factor like it not being convenient for you to hit the dev machine with an IE11 browser?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I war'd and deployed because it only happens in IE (as written in the 1st post).
                          Are you saying I can hit normal dev mode (not super dev mode) from IE? Is the dev mode plugin in FF then only needed to enable debugging? If so, I did not know that and will retest tomorrow with devmode+IE11.

Best regards
                          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I saw that the GWT plugin is also available for other browsers. Unfortunate it won't install at my machine (Installer says it is finished after one second, on next call of the app, the plugin is still reported missing).

But I recorded a video of the effect (same sample as above using v10.0p_2015-04-30, Win 8.1, IE11, Simplicity, Deployed to Tomcat): https://vid.me/NoFF (The name was assigned by chance)

As I noticed now it seems to take the click and scroll a bit, but closes the scroll popup then, which it should not. Does this help?

Best regards
                            Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

could you reproduce? Do you need more information? Perhaps some logs from Developer Console? If so, which exactly?

Best regards
                              Blama

Comment

Working...
                              X