Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

This was an unrelated regression that should be fixed in the next nightlies.

Comment

Attaching latest versions of the two key files. The latest nightly fixed the menu width problem, but now removing the icon field quit working. I did not fully test it on the previous build, but it seemed to be working correctly in that build.

Although in my PMDefaultPickTreeItem class (in the init method) I set up an auto child TreeMenuButton and call setMenuConstructor on it (pointing to my PMDarkPickTreeMenu class), my menu constructor class does not get called when I click on the pick tree item. However, when I hover over items in the menu that is presented that have sub menus, the default constructor for my menu class does get called. However, even in this case, the onDraw method never gets called.
      Attached Files

Comment

You didn't include the style sheets that would allow the sample to display properly, but we would suggest the following changes:

- In PMDefaultPickTreeItem, set both the treeMenuConstructor and menuConstructor properties, rather than just menuConstructor. So you'll want the two lines:
        Code:
        button.setTreeMenuConstructor(PMDarkPickTreeMenu.class.getName());
        button.setMenuConstructor(PMDarkPickTreeMenu.class.getName());
        - In PMDarkPickTreeMenu, remove the onDraw() override, and add the following to the bottom of the init() override:

[Please refer to http://forums.smartclient.com/showpo...7&postcount=22 for updated code.]
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 29 May 2015, 20:33.

Comment

I don't think the styling is important and my css file exceeds your upload file size limit.

The code you told me to try will not compile. I am using the build from the 28th, and there is no such method as setTreeMenuConstructor.

Comment

More problems with your suggested code.

When I try it (leaving out the call to setTreeMenuConstructor that doesn't exist), I get the following errors:
            Code:
            15:57:08.479 [ERROR] [com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.linker.PMLinker] 15:57:08.478:TMR6:WARN:Log:'undefined' is not a valid JavaScript identifier. DataSource and DataBoundComponent field names are required to be valid JavaScript identifiers, the syntax for which is specified by ECMA-262 Section 7.6. Note: The String.isValidID(string) function can be used to test whether a string is a valid identifier. This field applied to [SelectionTreeMenu ID:isc_PMDarkPickTreeItem_4_button_treeMenu_childrenSubMenu_0]. This will be the last warning.

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 15:57:08.478:TMR6:WARN:Log:'undefined' is not a valid JavaScript identifier. DataSource and DataBoundComponent field names are required to be valid JavaScript identifiers, the syntax for which is specified by ECMA-262 Section 7.6. Note: The String.isValidID(string) function can be used to test whether a string is a valid identifier. This field applied to [SelectionTreeMenu ID:isc_PMDarkPickTreeItem_4_button_treeMenu_childrenSubMenu_0]. This will be the last warning.
                at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:72)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:341)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:137)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:589)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:293)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.menu.SelectionTreeMenu.create(SelectionTreeMenu.java)
                at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.getOrCreateJsObj(BaseWidget.java:547)
                at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.menu.Menu.getOrCreateJsObj(Menu.java:1892)
                at com.smartgwt.client.bean.BeanFactoryForBaseWidget.doGetOrCreateJsObj(BeanFactoryForBaseWidget.java:88)
                at com.smartgwt.client.bean.BeanFactory.getOrCreateJsObj(BeanFactory.java:1096)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:341)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:137)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:293)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
                at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:299)
                at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor42.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:296)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:551)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:368)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            15:57:08.511 [ERROR] [com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.linker.PMLinker] 15:57:08.481:TMR6:WARN:SelectionTreeMenu:isc_PMDarkPickTreeItem_4_button_treeMenu_childrenSubMenu_0:unable to process field with no name / dataPath:{hidden: true,
            }

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 15:57:08.481:TMR6:WARN:SelectionTreeMenu:isc_PMDarkPickTreeItem_4_button_treeMenu_childrenSubMenu_0:unable to process field with no name / dataPath:{hidden: true,
            }
                at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.menu.SelectionTreeMenu.create(SelectionTreeMenu.java)
                at com.smartgwt.client.bean.BeanFactoryForBaseWidget.doGetOrCreateJsObj(BeanFactoryForBaseWidget.java:88)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:296)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:551)
                at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:368)

15:57:08.553 [ERROR] [com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.linker.PMLinker] 15:57:08.483:TMR6:WARN:SelectionTreeMenu:isc_PMDarkPickTreeItem_4_button_treeMenu_childrenSubMenu_0:unable to process field with no name / dataPath:{baseStyle: "pm-darkMenuTitleField",
            masterIndex: 0}

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 15:57:08.483:TMR6:WARN:SelectionTreeMenu:isc_PMDarkPickTreeItem_4_button_treeMenu_childrenSubMenu_0:unable to process field with no name / dataPath:{baseStyle: "pm-darkMenuTitleField",
            masterIndex: 0}
            I tried fixing it by changing the code as follows:
            Code:
            ListGridField titleFieldDefaults = new ListGridField(MenuFieldID.TITLE.getValue());
            titleFieldDefaults.setBaseStyle("pm-darkMenuTitleField");
            setTitleFieldDefaults(titleFieldDefaults);

ListGridField iconFieldDefaults = new ListGridField(MenuFieldID.ICON.getValue());
            iconFieldDefaults.setHidden(true);
            setIconFieldDefaults(iconFieldDefaults);
            When I do that the exceptions go away, but the menu that displays with menu items with no visible content (see attachment).
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pgrever View Post
              I don't think the styling is important and my css file exceeds your upload file size limit.
              Unfortunately, the menus overstrike the underlying content, and it's difficult to detect whether proper behavior is present and all effects are working (hilighting, etc.) without the styling. So disabling the styling config (at least for some interaction testing) is necessary without it.

Originally posted by pgrever View Post
              The code you told me to try will not compile. I am using the build from the 28th, and there is no such method as setTreeMenuConstructor.
              Yes, try using today's build (2015-05-29). In general, always use the latest build when you're reporting a problem on the forums.
              Last edited by Isomorphic; 29 May 2015, 20:35.

Comment

We do see the problem your reported in the original code while running DevMode, but it turns out to be triggered by Firefox 24ESR (required to run DevMode) rather than DevMode itself. For some reason, Firefox 38 and Chrome 42, which were used to test the original code, don't reproduce the issue as readily.

The problem is that we want to set iconFieldProperties, not iconFieldDefaults. Try this:

Code:
                ListGridField titleFieldProperties = new ListGridField();
                titleFieldProperties.setBaseStyle("pm-darkMenuTitleField"); //$NON-NLS-1$
                setTitleFieldProperties(titleFieldProperties);

ListGridField iconFieldProperties = new ListGridField();
                iconFieldProperties.setHidden(true);
                setIconFieldProperties(iconFieldProperties);

Comment

OK, I've tried with the latest build (SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-05-31/LGPL Development Only (built 2015-05-31)). Sorry I didn't do that the first time. In the past whenever you've added something new to try you have mentioned what build it would be in. Since the response that talked about using setTreeMenuConstructor didn't mention this and I had assumed that it was something that had been there all along. I should have tried the latest build.

I'm not certain when FF and Chrome cropped in. I am using DevMode and I am using IE11.

This paragraph is just for your information: I find the SuperDevMode debugging terrible compared to the DevMode debugging in Eclipse and only use it when there is no other choice. It takes 4 minutes after I start for the list of source files to populate so I can even begin to debug. Then there is all the missing things like hot keys to go to the class definition for the class where the cursor is and things like going to a specific line in the current file or doing incremental searches on method name. Often when I hover over a variable the tooltip says it's null, but if I put the variable in the watch area it shows fine. I hate having to inspect every variable by adding it to the watch window. I cannot find any reasonable way to drill into a HashMap and see all of the contents like I can in Eclipse. Although the experience is not identical in FF or Chrome or using FireBug, I still find the DevMode/IE11/Eclipse combination a lot more productive and only resort to SuperDevMode for things I cannot do in my preferred environment. Maybe there are ways to do all these things easily in the IE script debugger, but if so I have not found them yet.

I was not being clear when I said that I didn't think the styling was important. What I was trying to convey is you should be able to comment those lines out because the styling was not causing the issues I was encountering (e.g., missing method). I only sent the files as a reference, not as a standalone sample. If we need that I can work to pull one together.

I've tried using the suggested code and the visuals and behavior are now correct. However, I am now getting a new exception when I bring up my windows (the window does not need to have a PickTreeItem on it for this to happen so it does not appear to be related to this thread).

Code:
                  14:23:03.955 [ERROR] [com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.linker.PMLinker] 14:23:03.953:WARN:Canvas:SettingsDialog_statusBar:
                      Canvas.$q5(_1=>0, _2=>0, _3=>798, _4=>30)
                      Canvas.$ux(_1=>"draw")
                      Canvas.$ut(_1=>"draw")
                      Canvas.adjustOverflow(_1=>"draw", _2=>undef, _3=>undef)
                      Canvas.$qa()
                      Canvas.draw(_1=>undef)
                      Layout.$2x()
                      Layout.drawChildren()
                      ** recursed on Canvas.draw

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 14:23:03.953:WARN:Canvas:SettingsDialog_statusBar:
                      Canvas.$q5(_1=>0, _2=>0, _3=>798, _4=>30)
                      Canvas.$ux(_1=>"draw")
                      Canvas.$ut(_1=>"draw")
                      Canvas.adjustOverflow(_1=>"draw", _2=>undef, _3=>undef)
                      Canvas.$qa()
                      Canvas.draw(_1=>undef)
                      Layout.$2x()
                      Layout.drawChildren()
                      ** recursed on Canvas.draw
                      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:315)
                      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
                      at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Canvas.show(Canvas.java)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialog.show(SettingsDialog.java:123)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController.showSettingsDialog(SettingsDialogController.java:202)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController.access$3(SettingsDialogController.java:114)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController$2.onAllResultsReceived(SettingsDialogController.java:107)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.util.PmThrobber$3.onAllResultsReceived(PmThrobber.java:146)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.data.AsyncCallbackAggregator.fireIfDone(AsyncCallbackAggregator.java:81)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.data.AsyncCallbackAggregator.activate(AsyncCallbackAggregator.java:56)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController.initializedPresenters(SettingsDialogController.java:94)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController.access$0(SettingsDialogController.java:74)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController$1$1.onSuccess(SettingsDialogController.java:45)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController$1$1.onSuccess(SettingsDialogController.java:1)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController$7.onSuccess(SettingsDialogController.java:320)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.settings.ui.SettingsDialogController$7.onSuccess(SettingsDialogController.java:1)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.data.DataLoader$16.onFailure(DataLoader.java:579)
                      at com.hp.cp.pm.gwt.ui.client.data.DataLoader$92.onResponseReceived(DataLoader.java:3102)
                      at com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:250)
                      at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilder.java:412)
                      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)
                      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor40.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  I get one for the status bar and one for the footer (2 times) when I try to show my window. I get this even if I comment out the calls to setTreeMenuConstructor and setMenuConstructor. I do not get this if I roll back to the version from 5/19.

Comment

We're not able to reproduce this, using either IE11 or FF24ESR in DevMode and various GWT versions (you didn't specify which you were using, nor which version of Windows). We don't see any exception similar to what you included. Of course your sample code didn't include the top-level Window, so we just ran it by modifying PickTreeSample in our SGWT Showcase to use it.

Is the error actually stopping you from doing anything? Since SuperDevMode is officially the future of GWT, DevMode support is going to be limited to serious problems.

Comment

You said that I did not tell you what version I was using me but if you look back you'll see that it was in the very first sentence. I am
                      on Windows 7, using IE 11 and I believe the problem is only occurring in Dev mode and as far as I can tell it is functioning correctly. At this point I do not believe that I need anything to be fixed. I just didn't know if it was an indication of something else going wrong.

Comment

Which post are you referring to? We double checked all posts in this thread and don't see any reference to Windows 7.

We wanted the GWT version (not SGWT version, which you did include), and Windows version.

Some customers are using GWT 2.7.0 rather than say, GWT 2.5.1, and we've seen differences in DevMode.
                        Last edited by Isomorphic; 2 Jun 2015, 02:31.

Comment

My fault, I thought you were asking about the version of SmartGWT. We are using GWT 2.7.0.

Comment

Working...
                          X