Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

goOffline warning message

I keep getting this warning in the SC Console. I've searched everywhere in the product and we do not override goOffline anywhere.

Code:
    09:28:54.396:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: page$content$$content$resultFrame$fnd_ui_visiblePermResultTable1):Observation error: method goOffline is being observed on object [object Object] but the function appears to have been directly overridden. This may lead to unexpected behavior - to avoid seeing this message in the future, ensure the addMethods() or addProperties() API is used to modify methods on live SmartClient instances, rather than simply reassigning the method name to a new function instance.

We haven't seen this warning come up - can you provide any more information on how you get there?
    For example: does it occur just on page load or in response to some action within your app? If its triggered by some action in your app, what seems to trip it? If not, can you get rid of it by modifying your entryPoint class to do nothing.
    Do you get any other unexplained warnings or notes in the developer-console when this occurs?

Comment

It is triggered when I display a listgrid and call fetch the first time

Code:
      08:44:31.626:INFO:Log:initialized
      08:44:31.638:WARN:Log:NOTE: Firebug is enabled. Firebug greatly slows the performance of applications that make heavy use of JavaScript. Isomorphic highly recommends Firebug for troubleshooting, but Firebug and other development tools should be disabled when assessing the real-world performance of SmartClient applications.
      08:44:32.252:WARN:Log:New Class ID: 'EditPane' collides with ID of existing Class object '[DataSource ID:EditPane]'.  Existing object will be replaced.
      This conflict would be avoided by disabling ISC Simple Names mode.  See documentation for further information.
      08:44:32.798:INFO:Log:isc.Page is loaded
      08:44:40.057:MOU5:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: page$content$$content$resultFrame$result):Observation error: method goOffline is being observed on object [object Object] but the function appears to have been directly overridden. This may lead to unexpected behavior - to avoid seeing this message in the future, ensure the addMethods() or addProperties() API is used to modify methods on live SmartClient instances, rather than simply reassigning the method name to a new function instance.
      here's the ds request/response - this particular response does not have any data but I also see the message when I get actual result data

Code:
      {
          "dataSource":"page$content$$content$resultFrame$result$ds", 
          "operationType":"fetch", 
          "componentId":"page$content$$content$resultFrame$result", 
          "data":{
          }, 
          "startRow":0, 
          "endRow":75, 
          "textMatchStyle":"exact", 
          "resultSet":[ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: page$content$$content$resultFrame$result)], 
          "callback":{
              "caller":[ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: page$content$$content$resultFrame$result)], 
              "methodName":"fetchRemoteDataReply"
          }, 
          "willHandleError":true, 
          "showPrompt":false, 
          "prompt":"Finding records that match your criteria...", 
          "oldValues":{
          }, 
          "clientContext":{
              "requestIndex":1
          }, 
          "requestId":"page$content$$content$resultFrame$result$ds$6270"
      }

[
          {
              data:[
              ], 
              endRow:0, 
              invalidateCache:false, 
              isDSResponse:true, 
              queueStatus:0, 
              startRow:0, 
              totalRows:0
          }
      ]

Comment

These error messages suggest that you are loading core SmartClient runtime files (ISC_Core.js et al) more than one. Specifically this suggests that ISC_DataBinding.js is being loaded twice.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I have the exact same issue. I have double checked and can confirm that I am not loading any file twice. I have however tracked down the problem

Issue only occurs if ISC_History.js is loaded after ISC_DataBinding.js.

To prevent this issue, load ISC_History.js before ISC_DataBinding.js

Comment

Ok, this is taken care of now. Fix will appear in May 9 2017 and newer build. Thanks for providing additional info!

Comment

Working...
            X