Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

<valueMap> and displayValue

First a sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place, but I've been looking around and can't find this info anywhere...

I have a question about the <valueMap> in the datasource xml (ds.xml file)
    I would like to create a storedValue:displayValue pair. but it isn't clear to me how to do this.

I have tried;
    <valueMap>
    <value>0:Male</value>
    <value>1:Female</value>
    </valueMap>

and
    <valueMap>
    <value>0==Male</value>
    <value>1==Female</value>
    </valueMap>

and
    <valueMap>
    <value>0=Male</value>
    <value>1=Female</value>
    </valueMap>

but none of these split the value in a storedValue/displayValue map.

Try instead looking at the docs for valueMap.

Comment

Thank you! I think I'll spend a lot of time in that java doc in the future :-) Didn't know it contained help for the xml datasource

Comment

I finally stumbled on this thread. I can never find the documentation for the ds.xml file.

I always make the mistake of searching for the server-side ds.xml file documention in the server javadoc.

I still don't understand why it's in the client-side javadoc instead of in the server javadoc.

Comment

Because it affects both client and server-side behavior, so neither place is particularly natural. If you're making this recurring mistake, just bookmark it.

Comment

Is it necessary to provide a value map for a field which is an enum or is the system smart enough to just use the values in the enum?

such as:
            <field name="source" type="enum" />

Comment

It can, depending on your DataSource type and settings. See DataSource.autoDeriveSchema and DataSourceField.valueMapEnum. The latter exists only in 3.1d and the documentation for the former has also been fleshed out a great deal in 3.1d.

Comment

Working...
              X