Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Text-ListGridField filterRow operator selection context menu has no scroll bars

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this sample (SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2016-03-15).
    If the window is not high enough to display all options, no scrollbars for the menu are generated.

In order to see the issue, resize the window and click right into the filter field for the "country" column.

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Isomorphic,

additionally, when using the sample in German, it seems that the strings "is blank" and "not blank" are not yet localized.

These seem to be new in 6.1d. Is there a way to disable those easily? For Oracle NULL and '' is the same:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM dual WHERE '' IS NULL;
    Best regards
    Blama

Comment

You can add translation suggestions, please see: http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...essages?t=9987

Comment

We've addressed the menu scrollbar issue, and added the two missing translations (operators_isBlankTitle and operators_notBlankTitle).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the scrolling issue is fixed for me (SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-19). I added German translations for the two strings.
          This one is still open:​
          Originally posted by Blama View Post
          These seem to be new in 6.1d. Is there a way to disable those easily? For Oracle NULL and '' is the same:
          Code:
          SELECT * FROM dual WHERE '' IS NULL;
          Best regards
          Blama

Comment

We're not sure what that question means. Several APIs allow you to configure the set of validOperators at the DS or field level, but we don't know why you'd turn off this operator.

The fact that one DB treats them the same for some operations doesn't seem relevant since these operators are applied on the client as well as the server, and not just for DB selects.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the issue is that almost always the user is going to filter server-supplied data.
              If the user changes the value of a text-field to empty, the value is null in a Oracle Database after the update. So the cacheSync does return null and not the empty string.
              (Besides: Also the update request you issue in the RPC Tab of the developer console is e.g. DESCRIPTION:null and not DESCRIPTION:"".)
              So for the user, filtering for NULL or BLANK will almost always have the same result. Then why confuse them with additional options?

I assume the best option is to create a SimpleType with inheritsFrom="text"?
              But then I'll have to change all my type="text" fields, correct?

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

The default is that just isBlank is present. This is because end users often don't know what "null" means and don't need to make a distinction between null and empty string.

If you see both isNull and isBlank then you have changed things from the default.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,
                  Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                  ...and don't need to make a distinction between null and empty string.
                  That is exactly what I meant.

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                  If you see both isNull and isBlank then you have changed things from the default.
                  Please see the sample from #1, it shows both operators (and both Not-versions) for the 1st three columns.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

We've removed the code that forcibly added isNull/notNull operators unexpectedly - you can test with a build dated March 27 or later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see this is fixed in this sample in SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-27.

Best regards
                      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

looking at this sample I can see that the operators offered for text and integer fields differ, which is good. I do think though, that there are still more filters for number fields than one will actually need *by default*.
                        Perhaps it is better to remove those text-related filters for the default setting?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filters.png
Views:	91
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	243817

Best regards
                        Blama

Comment

As noted in another of your threads, we made a bunch of changes in this area yesterday, including trimming the entries in this list according to type - the builds didn't run last night, but you can test out the fixes for both reports in builds dated April 3 and later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic

I can see that this is changed now using SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-04-02.

Best regards
                            Blama

Comment

Working...
                            X