Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dynamic Search Criteria

I have a Dynamic Form with two fields, the search field and the search criteria. The first field is a drop down list, listing the available fields. It is used for selecting the field against which the criteria will be applied. The fields can be of different types: text, drop down list and checkboxes. How can I change the criteria field type to match that of the selected field type? If I don’t use a Dynamic Form, I can place three fields on top of each other and the use the Show/Hide methods. Do you have any recommendations?

It looks like you are slowly reinventing the built-in FilterBuilder widget. Note that FilterBuilder is capable of multiple different styles of display, including a mode that doesn't allow nested criteria, so it may work for your purposes.

As far as how to do it yourself if you really need to, the FilterBuilder dynamically creates new FormItems and groups them into various DynamicForma and Layouts to render as it does.

Comment

I am missing a lot with the FilterBuilder. Is there any documentation on using it, client side only? I have the following code, but nothing is displayed.

Code:
      isc.DataSource.create({
        ID: "isoDsConfig",
        fields: [
          { name: "SequenceNo" , title: "SequenceNo" , type: "integer" },
          { name: "RefDes" , title: "RefDes" , type: "text", length: "255" },
          { name: "RefDesLevel" , title: "RefDesLevel" , type: "integer" },
          { name: "Description" , title: "Description" , type: "text", length: "255" },
          { name: "Auditability" , title: "Auditability" , type: "boolean" },
          { name: "Accessibility" , title: "Accessibility" , type: "boolean" },
          { name: "Adjacency" , title: "Adjacency" , type: "boolean" },
          { name: "SpecOrderID" , title: "SpecOrderID" , type: "integer" },
          { name: "BaseOrderID" , title: "BaseOrderID" , type: "integer" },
          { name: "ContentsTypeID", title: "ContentsTypeID", type: "integer" },
          { name: "ConfigID" , title: "ConfigID" , type: "text", length: "40" },
          { name: "LocnID" , title: "LocnID" , type: "text", length: "40" },
          { name: "ParentID" , title: "ParentID" , type: "text", length: "40" },
        ]
      });

isc.FilterBuilder.create({
        ID: "isoFbConfig",
        top: 1700,
        width: 800,
        DataSource: "isoDsConfig"
      });

Comment

Yes, it's in the client-side documentation under FilterBuilder. There are also several samples.

You're specifying Strings instead of numeric values for properties like length.

See the FAQ for how to report issues - you're missing all kinds of basics, like whether there are errors in your Developer Console.

Please make at least some effort to find docs, take basic troubleshooting steps, etc, or please do not expect further help.

Comment

Working...
        X