Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

So I have had a few days to evaluate this latest release. The biggest issue I can easily reproduce at this moment is Hosted mode throwing NPEs calling DateUtil.combineLogicalDateAndTime

Utlimately this code is crashing on this code

****EDIT******

Upon further examination the NPE's are getting thrown calling :
    DateUtil.getLogicalDate
    DateUtil.getLogicalTime
    DateUtil.combineLogicalDateAndTime

In production mode there does not appear to be any issues, but in hosted mode everything comes crashing down due to these NullPointerExceptions.
    Last edited by jpappalardo; 24 Sep 2014, 09:07.

Comment

Just curious if there has been any progress on this? This issue has made it difficult to debug our application as we use this API in several places we are still working on. In order to run hosted mode we have to switch back to 10-19 release where the API still did not function correctly.

Comment

We believe this issue is resolved. It looks like we somehow failed to update the thread (sorry for the confusion).
        Please try the most recent 3.1 branch build and let us know if you are still seeing these null pointer exceptions.

Comment

Thank you kindly.

Comment

So we are now on sgwt 4.1. As before I am trying to display Zulu time for all persisted dates and timestamps. Unfortunately it appears that the client believes that it is receiving the date in EST and then adjusting it to UTC. For example, I have a creation time of 2014-05-12 15:09:03.776 in an entity. The client displays this value in a list grid as 05/12/2014 19:09.

DateUtil.setDefaultDisplayTimezone("+00:00");
            DateUtil.setAdjustForDST(false);
            DateUtil.setNormalDateDisplayFormatter(DateUtil.TOUSSHORTDATETIME);

Comment

Probably best to start a new thread for this. In that thread, please be a lot more specific:

1. are we talking about REST, SmartGWT server, something else? If you're using REST, what does your serialization look like?

2. how exactly and when exactly are you printing or otherwise examining the datetime value such that you think it's "in EST"? Be sure to read the Date and Time Format and Storage overview to understand how very precise it's necessary to be when saying things like that.

Comment

Working...
              X