Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Any chance of having the ability in the near future to set the target of the link field to take a handler that would then be called instead of the default behaviour? That would be very nice.

I understand the solution you have provided above and the only issue I have with it is that the cell click handler would get called even if they click anywhere in the white space and for us, we really only want it called when you click on the link itself.

Thanks.

Comment

If you're creating a distinction between clicking the cell vs clicking the link, that's fairly rare, and we'd suggest you just use CellFormatter to write out you're own link (which is pretty easy).

Comment

Our customers want the action that takes place (we pop up a smartgwt window containing a form with data loaded from the server) to happen only when they click on the link. They like the visual indication of the link, knowing clicking on it will cause the above action. They did not like this action happening when they just clicked anywhere in the cell (in the whitespace).

I looked at CellFormatter but did now know how to accomplish what I want with it.
        Last edited by stonebranch1; 17 Jan 2013, 11:58. Reason: updated response

Comment

I got the link to work as we want by using the type LINK and setting the target to "javascript". Then by using a CellFormater we creating a custom link that the anchor tag onclick makes a call into our javascript which does what we want (pops up a window with a populated form).

This works great!

Comment

I now removed the link completely and just use the CellFormatter which I guess is what you had suggested... Works great.

Thanks

Comment

Help

Originally posted by stonebranch1 View Post
              I now removed the link completely and just use the CellFormatter which I guess is what you had suggested... Works great.

Thanks
              I have the same problem, could you show the CellFormatter code?

Comment

Hi Admin,

I am facing one issue in my Application i.e. there is a requirement of putting conditional hyperlinking in ListGrid.

Explaining it further- like I have multiple data in List Grid and I want to put hyperlinking on that data If the condition met's and otherwise i have to put List Grid field Type set to "TEXT".

Do Needful its very urgent.got stuck in middle of the application.

Comment

Working...
                X