Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid jumps to focus on fetch complete

Hi,

I ran into an issue with SmartClient 9.0 (patched version, 2013-11-18), where a ListGrid (or TreeGrid) scrolls back to the top when users scroll down. It happens when you click the first row, scroll down so that a next page is fetched, and after fetchData has completed it seems to be scrolling to get the focussed row visible.
    This happens only with paging enabled, or a TreeGrid with lazy loading (when you click the plus sign, it loads children and then it scrolls to the selected record).
    I can't figure out what's causing this, a workaround was to 'break' the focus so that it won't jump back to the focussed row:
    Code:
    isc.ListGrid.create({
    bodyProperties: { setFocus: function() { } }
    });
    but that's not a proper solution of course.

It seems to happen with the latest patched version (tried 2013-11-18) on Windows and Mac in Chrome and Firefox, but it does not occur on the release date of SC 9.0 (2013-07-03).

Any idea what's causing this behavior?
    Thanks in advance!

Hello,
    I'm seeing this exact behavior with smartclient 83p_2013-11-20 and SmartGWT 3.1p_2013-11-16. For the later, SmartGWT, I've switched from an older version (3.1p_2013-08-05) where this problem wasn't happening.
    One more thing I've noticed, is that if I scroll and maintain the mouse down on the scrollbar until data arrives, the scroll to the top doesn't occur.

Comment

We've assigned a developer to investigate this issue. We will follow up when we have more information

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've made some changes to address this issue. Please try the next nightly build, dated Nov 22 or above and let us know if you continue to see the problem

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
        X