Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

listGrid hilite and multisort dialogs

I'm using version v9.1p_2014-03-25/Enterprise Development Only (2014-03-25) of SmartClient with Chrome 33.0.1750.154 beta-m.

A listGrid's multiSort and hilite dialogs open in the middle of the browser page. Is there any way to control where these dialogs open? Or would it be possible to expose these dialogs as autoChildren of the listGrid? This would be one way for us to to then specify opening co-ordinates for these 2 dialogs.

The hilite editing dialog is already an AutoChild listGrid.hiliteEditor.

The MultiSortDialog is launched by a call to MultiSortDialog.askForSort() and the ListGrid doesn't retain a reference to it.

As we previously discussed this requirement for positioning built-in dialogs comes from a weird deployment environment, it looks like it's going to come up a few more times at least (MultiSortDialog, etc), and we can't keep doing pointless refactoring for non-bugs - you should look at Feature Sponsorship as a real solution.

Comment

Yes we'll be discussing the window positioning problem as a whole and then raise the question with Smartclient so we can come up with some kind of generic solution.

I wasn't able to position the hiliteEditor (which I can now see is an autoChild of the DataBoundComponent class but isn't listed in the listGrid api) The hiliteEditor is contained inside a window and it's the window that I need to position. But this problem will go away once we have a better way of dealing with all of the built-in dialogs.

Comment

Working...
      X