Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Edits not refreshed problem with displayField clumns in grouped listgrid

SmartClient_v91p_2014-03-04_PowerEdition

I have a ListGrid which has groupByField set. Some fields in this ListGrid have a displayField property ( displayField is fetched via a includeFrom on a FK on another table).
    The ListGrid is displayed in a Hlayout with a dynamic form. Both the dynamic form and the listgrid use the same datasource. When the dynamic form updates a record, the listgrid displayes the updated record. But the problem is, the fields in listgrid which have a displayField, DO NOT reflect the changes made by the dynamic form. Changes to other fields are reflected immediately in the listgrid. Please note this behaviour is manifest only when the listgrid is grouped. If I ungroup the listgrid and then make changes using the dynamic form, listgrid reflected the changes immediately in all the changed fields from dynamicform. Also please note that the cacheSyncOperation used by the update DOES return all the displayField values. The total rows in the listgrid are only 90. I am completely puzzeled by this. Any pointers as to why this could be happening?

Use the instructions in the FAQ about grids not refreshing to troubleshoot this.

If you need more help, we'll need you to post *at least* the information you gathered while following the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ (logs, RPC responses, etc) and the code for the grid and DataSource.

Comment

As I was not allowed to send these files on the open forum, I have sent you a zip file containing following by email with subject matching this thread title:

-The html file
      -the ds.xml files used in this html
      -the customDMI.java used in the ds.xml
      -the server log showing one complete interaction starting with click on listgrid which loads the record in form for editing till the data is saved and cachesyncoperation returns.
      -the complete dev console log of the above interaction
      -a screenshot after save completed showing the edited data but the record in listgrid does not reflect the changes
      -schema for the sql tables

This problem is giving us trouble in several forms which have grouping enabled for the lisgrid. Please help!!!

Comment

Thanks - we have the files and we're looking into it - we'll update here shortly

Comment

We've not been able to run your sample with data - there are a bunch of js files missing, and your DMI relies on activeMQ.

However - it seems like you're setting the cacheSyncOperation on your add and update ops to an operation that doesn't do the joins you seem to need ("fetchById") - this operation has no (ie, default) implementation.

Your default fetch operation seems to do what you need, but you aren't using it for cache-sync - so, it seems like you need to remove the cacheSyncOperation from your add and update ops, and instead add useForCacheSync="true" to your default fetch.

Let us know how you get on with that - if it doesn't help, we'll need you to update what you sent so that we can actually run it.

Comment

Working...
          X