Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

icon popup

I wanted to check with you (because I could'nt find an immediate equal control) if the image attached is possible. It is basically an icon/image when clicked shows the "bubble" underneath (or on top depending on the location of the icon in the browser.
    If there is nothing built in, then I think maybe a custom canvas with an icon + a child canvas with a snapTo property would satisfy this behaviour? And if I do go the custom route, I wanted to make sure that the child canvas has the ability to show over other controls that are already on the screen - so if there are more fields under the icon, when the user clicks the icon, it would just show on top of the fields. It is essentially a tooltip but the user can control when to close it (throught the icon or when the user clicks elsewhere).
    Attached Files

This isn't built in exactly as you have it (though we do have some somewhat similar things - standard Canvas.prompt behavior, and the Dialog class for example).
    This FormItem icon example shows a very similar concept, but with somewhat different UI http://smartclient.com/#formIcons

Regardless, it'd be easy to build this yourselves.
    You could make the prompt bubble work in a couple of ways. Assuming your launch button is a Canvas subclass (rather than a FormItemIcon), you could make the prompt bubble a top-level component and use showNextTo() to position it, perhaps. You'll also want to bringToFront() to ensure it floats above other content on the page, and possibly use a clickMask if you want the user to be able to dismiss the bubble on outside click.
    Alternatively you could consider making the prompt bubble a peer of the launching button (and yes - the snapTo functionality would also be a way to correctly position it).

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
    X