Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Reg: While loading a page all DataSources are loading. Occupying more memory in the b

Hi,

While we are loading an iFrame (contentsType:"page in HTML Pane') my jsp page is taking more memory in the browser. I am expecting it is happening because of the below reasons. Could please have a look and let me know the correct way if it is because of the below reasons:

1) Is it possible to load the datasources when it is required. We are using many of these datasources as Option DataSource. So, I don't want to load all of these in onload. As all datasources data and definition is loading in onload of the page, page size becomes so large and it is using more memory in the browser. As it is taking more memory in the browser, Web page hangs after some time.

2) we have only one app.xml file for the whole application. So, as we have only one app.xml file and we have many rpc calls with many methods in each one. Is there any chance to load the RPC which is required for the corresponding jsp alone.

3) All my optionDatasource data is loading on load of the page. and also if i change the criteria one more fetch is happening to get the new data again.

So, If we have an option to fetch the OptionDataSource data only when we click on corresponding combobox or select. While loading a page we are keeping my option criteria as empty and after clicking some record we setting the criteria. As I observed more than 2 fetches are happening for single datasource. We have many datasources in the same page like the same. So it is taking more memory and time to load the jsp.

4) As observed in some jsps IDCall response size is more then 2MB. So What would be the reason for the same.

Please suggest me how to resolve these performance issues.

We are working on below environment:

Version: Isomorphic SmartClient/SmartGWT Framework (v8.3p_2013-05-08/PowerEdition Deployment 2013-05-08)

Browser: IE9

Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by Abdulaziz A. ; 11 May 2014, 12:19.

1. It's unlikely that your experiences with a large memory footprint are actually related to the number of DataSources loaded, as they don't take up much memory.

If you wanted to load them more selectively, you just need to call DataSource.load() whenever you need them.

There is no framework mechanism for automatically loading DataSources when needed, because this would tend to result in a lot of server trips, and since DataSources don't take up a lot of memory, this would make performance worse.

See also the answer to #3.

2. Here again, there is no reason to pursue this. A large app.xml file has a negligible performance impact.

3. The framework does not load data for all optionDataSources at page load. Your application is triggering this in some way. Likewise for the rest of the reported behaviors.

Note that, if you have application code forcing all DataSources to load all of their data at application init, that would certainly explain DataSources taking a lot of memory. It's not the DataSource per se, it's the fact that you are loading all the data from the DataSource.

4. Not much to say here, except that if your server code returns a lot of data, then you would expect that data to be delivered to the client.

Overall, it looks like you are having some performance issues with your application, and you really have no idea of the causes. Attempting to report them to Support as framework issues won't solve the problem, since they are almost certainly not framework issues. But you could engage our Consulting team to analyze your actual application code and figure out the problems.

Comment

Working...
    X