Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Height problem with VLayout inside SectionStack

SmartClient Pro v 9.0

I have a sectionStack section with some content in it that I need to be able to independently hide and show, so in order to do that, I have created a VLayout inside the section, which contains some of my content.

The problem is that even though the content inside the VLayout is vertically short, the VLayout expands to take up all available width that the SectionStack can give it, resulting in a huge amount of whitespace at the bottom.

What I am essentially looking for is for the VLayout to have its own height be driven by the height of the grid and forms that it contains, and not any larger. The grid that I have in there is variable height, depending on content.

I have also tried using VStack instead of VLayout, and the results are the same.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

As usual - I figured it out right after posting

The answer apparently is not to try to use show() and hide() on members of a sectionstack section.

Instead, create the members as separate objects, then use SectionStack.addItem() and SectionStack.removeItem() to control whether they display.

Comment

Working...
    X