Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

looking for the Init servlet

I have an old Smartclient 8.2 application (not GWT). I wanted some bug fixes, so I've downloaded 8.3 Pro, and have overwritten the old libraries with the new ones. (Was there anything else I was supposed to do?)

The problem is that now, I'm getting a server-side stack trace the first time I try to call a method on a DSRequest. I'm calling dsReq.getCriteria().

The message in the tomcat console says that I should install the Init servlet, because it can'ts find builtinTypes.xml. But that doesn't make sense to me. Isn't that a GWT thing? Is this something different between 8.2 and 8.3?
    I should mention that I verified that my webapps/isomorphic directory has the complete system directory including schema/builtinTypes.xml.

Here's the exact text from the console:

Problem loading builtinTypes.xml
    Exception when loading from __USE_CONTAINER__/isomorphic/system/schema/builtinTypes.xml:
    java.io.IOException: Configured for containerIO, but servletContext not available! You need to install the Init servlet

at com.isomorphic.io.ISCFile.<init>(ISCFile.java:140)
    at com.isomorphic.xml.XML.getXMLDocument(XML.java:286)
    at com.isomorphic.xml.XML.toDSRecords(XML.java:294)
    at com.isomorphic.xml.XML.toDSRecords(XML.java:298)
    at com.isomorphic.xml.XML.toDSRecords(XML.java:301)
    at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.<clinit>(DataSource.java:581)
    at com.isomorphic.datasource.DSRequest.getCriteria(DSRequest.java:806)
    at com.isomorphic.datasource.DSRequest.getCriteria(DSRequest.java:799)

Please use the installation instructions. Overwriting random .jars will not work.

Comment

installation instructions

Sorry to be stupid, but where are the upgrade installation instructions?
      I couldn't find them.
      I don't want a sample server. I'm running directly under tomcat.

Comment

Easily found - in the QuickStart Guide, or, try searching the SmartClient Reference for "installation".

Comment

Problem Solved

The document gave me the clue I needed. The reference to the init servlet needs to go in my application webapp's web.xml, not in the isomorphic webapp.
          Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X