Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Pro/Eval Datasource Generator "JDBC Driver not installed"

When I unzip the Pro/Eval package, works fine, except when I open the DataSource Generator, only the HSQLDB shows a status of "OK." All others show status of "JDBC Driver not installed."

I am interested in installing the MS SQL driver. Based on forum searches for this topic, I unzipped the MS sqljdbc.jar (also tried sqljdbc4.jar) to the WEB-INF/lib folder (with all the other jar files).

I have tried:
    SmartClient Pro/Eval v70rc2;
    also v8-2010-09-07;
    using IE7;
    on WinXPsp3;
    with JDK 1.6.0_18.
    No luck, I always get "JDBC Driver not installed" status.

Please help!

You probably just need to change the classname and URL. Try changing the classname to com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver (note that sqlserver and jdbc have changed position) and change the start of the URL to jdbc:sqlserver:// (ie, drop the "microsoft" bit). For more detail, look at this post

Comment

Success! Thanks.

I had seen the post you referred, and had tried switching .sqlserver and .jdbc in the "Driver Implementer" entry. The new piece of information was changing the start of the "Driver URL" entry to "jdbc:sqlserver://"

So for anyone else who might run into this, here are the settings that worked for me:

Database Name: SQLServer [the out-of-the-box entry]
      Database Type: SQLServer
      Obtain Connections Using: DriverManager
      Driver Implementer: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
      Specify explicit JDBC URL: checked
      Driver URL: jdbc:sqlserver://myServer:1433;DatabaseName=myDB;User=myUser;Password=myPassword
      [insert your own values for myServer/MyDB/etc]

[driver in use: sqljdbc4.jar, downloaded from Microsoft, unzipped/move to folder ...smartclientSDK/WEB-INF/lib]
      [target database: SQL Server 2005 on a remote server]

From the ISC Admin Console, this connection Tests successfully, and changes the Status column entry to "OK."

Using Visual Builder, "New," I am able to connect/view data using the connection type of "Existing SQL Table (Isomorphic RAD)." The "Existing SQL Table (via Hibernate)" does not allow selection of alternate database sources other than the default HSQLDB.

###

Comment

Why would you not include the JDBC drivers and configurations for the most common databases in your application development framework?

You are trying to sell this thing yea? or not?

Originally posted by Isomorphic
        You probably just need to change the classname and URL. Try changing the classname to com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver (note that sqlserver and jdbc have changed position) and change the start of the URL to jdbc:sqlserver:// (ie, drop the "microsoft" bit). For more detail, look at this post

Comment

Originally posted by grey666
          Why would you not include the JDBC drivers and configurations for the most common databases in your application development framework?

You are trying to sell this thing yea? or not?
          I don't know about Isomorphic but all the companies I've ever worked for (the largest IT businesses in the world) never shipped drivers for MS-SQL and instead advised customers to download required drivers directly from Microsoft. No customer ever questioned it.

Comment

And the reason all companies do this is because in most cases it is not legally allowed to bundle the drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X