See below for the first sample from the new skin design. We're looking for feedback BUT
please read the list of planned changes below before responding.
The following are all known issues or things we will likely still change:
1. scrollbars are still a work in progress. We might go with some more similar to the default light blue Windows scrollbars
2. you can see some aliasing issues on some components, for example, each opener control in the tree is slightly different, and some other items (like the border around the Window and SectionStack controls) are fuzzed out to 2px instead of 1px. This is due to conversion from vector to pixel format and won't be present in the final design - those will all be sharp 1px lines.
3. the width of the gap around the splitbar will be much smaller (similar to current BlackOps gap)
4. the splitter has a directional "V" in the middle because all splitters are also snapbars in SmartClient (they can hide the adjacent component).
5. tab scrollers aren't actually always visible (they wouldn't be in this screen of course - there's plenty of space).
6. tab scroller will be slight rounded.
7. we're going to do something for the ComboBox down state, it didn't work out.
8. font is still undecided. Shown is arial; we might go to Tahoma or Verdana. If you don't like the choice, switching is a trivial search and replace on the skin_styles.css file.
We're also pursuing a parallel design in blue - it will have substantially the same "shapes" for components but will be recolored in the light blue range.
Both designs will be ready in the 2-4 weeks range (the gray one sooner than the blue). If you are either starting a new application or porting an existing one, these designs should be ready well in advance of your ship date. You will not need to do anything to your code to use the new skin other than change the skin you are including in your SmartGWT modules file.
Let us know what you like and don't like. There's still time for tweaks.