Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Smarclient future/roadmap

Hi there

Let me first say that I'm evaluating ISC Enterprise for 50+ people company located in Poland and I must say I am impressed by completeness and quality of this product. We're seriously considering investing money into a few unwrapped SC EE licenses for our fronted guys. We are coding in GWT since it's been released few years ago and using gxt practically from its inception. I've been using/coding gxt in quite a few commercial project now and to be honest there is not much to compare when taking into account ISC's server side integration. Great kudos to Isomorphic team.

That said, I need to ask questions that troubles my head and I didn't find any answer for it:

1. What are your plans regarding SC? I've read somewhere on your blog that you're gonna keep people updated to what's going on with platform but that does not seem to be the case. Blog entry got quite outdated. What features are you planning to release with v. 8 ?

2. When 8 is going to be released? Is it few months? Year? More? We need to know whether we should stick to gxt for now and wait for v. 8 features or just buy v. 7.

3. What is license upgrade cost? Your FAQ says something about it but I wonder what discounts do customers get in practice when they upgrade and if there are any additional factors that determine the upgrade price.

4. Is security support going to be released with 8? Is it going to be optional bundle that needs to be paid extra?

Thanks in advance
    Łukasz Kucharski
    TouK

Pre-release versions of SC 8 are available now in the nightly builds area here. A blog post announcing it is already written, and will soon be posted, but for now you can review release announcements for SmartGWT releases posted on Sanjiv Jivan's blog as well as SmartGWT EE release announcements such as this one.

SC 8 is slated for sometime in Q3. Current builds are already release quality however, as they have been included in Smart GWT releases.

On upgrade costs, what is outlined in the FAQ is the only general guidance we can offer.

Declarative security is already available in 8.0 - see preceding release announcement.

Comment

Thank you so much. That is all I need to know.

Keep up the good work!

Lukasz

Comment

My company has been using the nightly builds of SC8, and we are quite impressed. However, questions keep arising about the timeline for releases, especially since this thread has not been updated since May and Q3 of 2010 has come and gone. Is there any further news about the expected release date for the final version of SC8 and/or SC7.1?

Comment

Hello dgrau,

It's true we're past the stated Q3 release estimate, because we decided it was critical to add mobile support without needing to purchase SC9. We're currently targeting late this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
            Hello dgrau,

It's true we're past the stated Q3 release estimate, because we decided it was critical to add mobile support without needing to purchase SC9. We're currently targeting late this month.
            Very nice! Thank you for the update--we look forward to the new features.

Comment

Working...
            X