Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Addendum:

I did a full search of my system for the string "isomorphic.gwt.xml" but the only place it seems to exist is in the test results xml files. Has anyone stumbled across these issues and discovered a way to solve them?

Comment

I looked into this. The issue is that when running GWTTestCase, the test runner does not execute GWT linkers and we have a linker that sets the appropriate isomorphicDir variable. I've posted on the GWT forums and will create an issue for this in tracker.

As a workaround simply inherit the com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme module instead of com.smartgwt.SmartGwt.

Sanjiv

Comment

I tried that. I commented out my 2 inherits so my module looks like this:
        Code:
        <module>

<inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User"/>
          <!--<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>-->
          <inherits name ="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme"/>
          <!--<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>-->
         <inherits name="com.google.gwt.junit.JUnit"/>
          <!-- SmartGWT skins, not sure how these interact with the GWT style sheet -->
          <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.silverwave.SilverWave"/>

<entry-point class="com.baa.client.ScaffoldingEntryPoint"/>
          <!-- Do not define servlets here, use web.xml -->
        </module>
        But it still produces tons of warnings and exceptions, example:
        Code:
        [ERROR] Unable to find 'isomorphic.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
        The development shell servlet received a request for 'skins/SilverWave/skin_styles.css' in module 'isomorphic.gwt.xml' 
           [ERROR] Unable to find 'isomorphic.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
        Starting HTTP on port 0
           [WARN] CSS error: null [1:22] Error in style rule. Invalid token "skins/SilverWave/skin_styles.css\' in the public path of module \'isomorphic". Was expecting one of: <S>, <LBRACE>, <COMMA>, <PLUS>, <GREATER>, <IDENT>, "*", <HASH>, ".", "[", ":".
           [WARN] CSS warning: null [1:22] Ignoring the following declarations in this rule.
        The development shell servlet received a request for 'system/schema/schemaTranslator.xsl' in module 'isomorphic.gwt.xml' 
        The development shell servlet received a request for 'system/schema/schemaTranslator.xsl' in module 'isomorphic.gwt.xml' 

I'm most worried about this line:
        Code:
        The development shell servlet received a request for 'IDACall' in module 'isomorphic.gwt.xml'
        The rest might be managable exceptions but I'm sure this one will bring the system crashing down and I have no idea what's causing it. I'm not sure if we're even using IDACall because we've created our own servlet back end.
        This is my unit test:
        Code:
                BaseDynamicFormImpl impl = new BaseDynamicFormImpl();
                TestDynamicFormXSDDSCallBack xsdCallBack = new TestDynamicFormXSDDSCallBack();
                TestDynamicFormDataDSCallBack dataCallBack = new TestDynamicFormDataDSCallBack();
                Criteria criteria = new Criteria("ID", "3");
                dataCallBack.setForm(impl);
                xsdCallBack.setForm(impl);
                xsdCallBack.setDsCallback(dataCallBack);
                this.delayTestFinish(5000);
                impl.fetchXSD(criteria, xsdCallBack);

Comment

Also comment out com.smartclient.theme.silverwave.SilverWave, it should not affect any tests.

Comment

I already tried that. Same outcome. =(

Comment

Originally posted by SBrandon
              I already tried that. Same outcome. =(
              Try doing a clean build. If you remove the com.smartclient.theme.silverwave.SilverWave module then no SilverWare resources should be requested. If you're still getting an error then post the error message.
              Last edited by Isomorphic; 22 Nov 2010, 06:49.

Comment

The CSS errors are gone but I still have endless rows of:
                Code:
                I also still have the IDACall errors:
                Code:
                The development shell servlet received a request for 'IDACall' in module 'isomorphic.gwt.xml'
                One for each unit test method that tries to perform asynchronously.
                Thanks
                Last edited by SBrandon; 23 Nov 2010, 04:17.

Comment

This may be a dumb question but can anyone tell me if IDACall should be being invoked if we're not using the SmartClient's out of the box servlets or is it always used? I'm just trying to track through the junit system and figure out what's going on

Comment

No, you would expect that to happen only if you did something like define a DataSource with no dataURL or sent an RPCRequest with no actionURL, in which case the system-wide default (IDACall) would be used.

Comment

Hi,

Anyone has further clue on how to solve the missing "isomorphic.gwt.xml" error?

I'm using GWTTestCase to write a simple asynchronous testcase and getting the
                      same error:

I've tried inheriting from SmartGwtNoTheme per previous suggestion but still getting the same error.

I'm using gwt 2.0.3 with smartgwt 2.3.

Thank you very much for any hints to a solution.

Regards,
                      Jatayu

Comment

Hi!

I had the same issue till now. Addintionaly skin_styles.css was failed to load in due to the module isomorphic did not exist. So i had smartgwt app without any included style, it was pretty nice view :)

Then I realized that the eclipse gwt plugin was using a different Compiler to create the client javascript code than I did (GWTCompiler). So in my case the replacing the deprecated GWTCompiler to the com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler solved this kind of "isomorphic not found" issue.

The source of the problem was calling the deprecated com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTShellServlet.doGetPublicFile method what GWTCompiler (old one) did. Just debug it and if it is called then you have the same problem...

I hope it will help a little.

Teeq

Comment

Experiencing same issue here.

SmartGWT : 2.4
                          GWT : 2.2

i've got my app loading without any style (all images seems to be missing).

i've tried using this :

Code:
                           <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme"/>
                          but without sucess

any help ?

Comment

Just to reiterate/summarize:

1. We recommend using our Selenium integration rather than GWTTestCase

2. The about a missing isomorphic.gwt.xml is harmless and results from a bug in GWTTestCase

3. If you want to get rid of the warnings, switch your inherits to NoTheme:

.. get rid of any explict skin inherits such as com.smartclient.theme.silverwave.SilverWave and run a GWT compile.

This will result in an unskinned appearance, but this should not affect the result of tests. If you're unhappy with this, see #1, it's the better approach anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                              Just to reiterate/summarize:

1. We recommend using our Selenium integration rather than GWTTestCase

2. The about a missing isomorphic.gwt.xml is harmless and results from a bug in GWTTestCase

3. If you want to get rid of the warnings, switch your inherits to NoTheme:

.. get rid of any explict skin inherits such as com.smartclient.theme.silverwave.SilverWave and run a GWT compile.

This will result in an unskinned appearance, but this should not affect the result of tests. If you're unhappy with this, see #1, it's the better approach anyway.
                              Hi,

im not running any test case, im upgrading from smartGWT 1.2.
                              So my point here is to have the skinned theme and not an unskined one.

I was hoping on some clue.

I've got this error a thousand of times

Code:
                              The development shell servlet received a request for 'skins/Enterprise/images/Scrollbar/vthumb_Over_end.png' in module 'isomorphic.gwt.xml'
                              Im doing a GWT Compile and I will keep you guys updated if I found a solution

Comment

No one's every reported this warning except as related to GWTTestCase. Most likely, you still have some old files lying around from previous versions of GWT, attempts to use GWTTestCase, or previous versions of SmartGWT. You might want to just rebuild the project. Be sure to also restart your IDE if the problem isn't going away.

Comment

Working...
                                X