Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Disable or hide checkbox in listgrid which has selectionAppearance : checkbox

I have a listgrid which has selectionAppearance:true. I want to disbale or hide checkbox based some other column value.

Please let me know if someone has tried it successfully.

I am using 7.0 version of Smartclient. I read somewhere that the checkbox created is a autochild of listgrid. Trying to find how to get access to it so that it can be disabled/hidden.
    Last edited by sankg2001; 3 Apr 2011, 04:26.

Comment

Have you tried overriding the showIf property of a listgridfield?

Comment

Yes I tried canEdit, canEditCell, showif etc etc. but didn't work. I am currently using ListGridRecord.enabled = false to disbale selectyion of a particular record. But this is not a good solution as selection of the record should be allowed. Only checkbox should be disabled.

Comment

to gain access to the checkbox, you can use editorProperties - for example I just tried editorProperties:{disabled: true}, when in edit mode the checkbox looks disabled..may be a good point to start? Also canEdit on ListGridField renders the checkboxes as read-only
          Last edited by acarur01; 4 Apr 2011, 07:24.

Comment

I tried editirProperties but no luck.

Comment

no luck as in it doesn't show as read-only for you? If so, then there must be something wrong with your code. Mind sharing a snippet?

Comment

This editorProperties:{disabled: true}, is attached to ListGrid, ListGridField or checkBoxField , ListGridRecord.

As I want to disable the checkbox when data comes from server based on another column's value.

Please can you send code snippet as I am very new to smartclient.

Comment

editorProperties:{disabled: true}, should be attached to which component ListGrid, ListGridField or checkBoxField , ListGridRecord ?????

Comment

listgridfield

Comment

I tried it in following way which is not working.

var obj = this.getCheckboxField();
                      obj.setEditorProperties("disabled", true);

this is a reference to ListGrid.

Comment

PLease can you tell me how to apply editorProperties on listgridfield checkbox as there is no corresponding field in list grid.

Comment

You need to override the canEditCell method.

@Override
                          protected boolean canEditCell( int rowNum, int colNum )
                          {
                          ListGridRecord row = this.getRecord( rowNum );// grab the record

if(//whatever you want to check)
                          return false;
                          else
                          return super.canEditCell( rowNum, colNum );

Comment

Working...
                          X