Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

socket creation error

I am trying to experiment with SmartGWT enterprise edition modules. While trying to run the ds-hibernate and BuildInDs sample code I am getting the following error. The Hsqldb server is running fine as I can connect to it through a client application. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DEBUG PoolableSQLConnectionFactory - [builtinApplication.supplyItem_fetch] DriverManager fetching connection for HSQLDB via jdbc url jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/isomorphic
    === 2009-07-06 12:19:31,223 [l0-2] WARN RequestContext - dsRequest.execute() failed:
    java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error
    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
    Last edited by tullurir; 7 Jul 2009, 01:21.

Wherever the server is running, it's likely that that machine cannot resolve the name 'localhost'. Try specifying the IP instead if you don't know how to fix this.

Another possibility is that the username or account that is running the server does not have the ability to use the network.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I tried hard coding the IP in the jdbc URL but got the same issue. However, the problem is gone when I changed the URL to create in-memory database by replacing 'hsql' to 'mem', thereby changing the jdbc URL from 'jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/isomorphic' to 'jdbc:hsqldb:mem://localhost/isomorphic'.

Now I getting an exception that the table is not found.

Comment

Working...
      X