Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RegExpValidator and DateItem

I'm using a DateItem with setUseTextField set to true. I'm using European date format which is "dd.MM.yyyy".
    That is why I set the date formater at the beginning of my form like this:
    Code:
            DateDisplayFormatter dateFormater = new DateDisplayFormatter() {
                @Override
                public String format(Date date) {
                    if (date == null) return null;
                    DateTimeFormat dateFormatter = DateTimeFormat.getFormat("dd.MM.yyyy");
                    return dateFormatter.format(date);
                }
            };
            DateUtil.setShortDateDisplayFormatter(dateFormater);
            DateUtil.setDateInputFormatter(new DateInputFormatter()
            {
                @Override
                public Date parse(String dateString) {
                    final DateTimeFormat dateFormatter = DateTimeFormat.getFormat("dd.MM.yyyy");
                    Date date = dateFormatter.parse(dateString);
                    return date;
                }            
            });
    Now I also want to use a validator to check the input of the text field, so I created a RegExValidator. But the validator reports an invalid value even if a valid date is entered. I checked the regular expression and it should be fine.
    This is my code for the DateItem:
    Code:
    DateItem birthDateDI = new DateItem("birthdate");
            birthDateDI.setUseTextField(true);
            birthDateDI.setValidators(new RegExpValidator("^(0?[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])\\.(0?[1-9]|1[012])\\.(19|20)\\d\\d$"));
            birthDateDI.setValidateOnExit(true);
    Entering for example "27.10.2010" into the text box or select a date with the calendar, results in the validator claiming the date entered is invalid.
    What am I doing wrong here?

Set the date input format to "DMY", and note also you don't need to set a custom function for this type of display, it's one of the default formats (note the separator char is settable).

Comment

Thanks Isomorphic for your reply, but I don't get it. Where should I set the date format to DMY and the seperator char?
      The only function I could find was setMaskDateSeparator(), but that had no effect.
      I removed the whole lines with DateUtil functions and used this code
      Code:
              birthDateDI.setUseTextField(true);
              birthDateDI.setMaskDateSeparator(".");
             birthDateDI.setDateFormatter(DateDisplayFormat.TOEUROPEANSHORTDATE);
              birthDateDI.setValidateOnExit(true);
      But still the date is shown with "/" as seperator instead of "." (but the validator seems to work fine now).

Comment

All the relevant APIs are on DateUtil. The API to set the separator char is recently added however, so you'd need a nightly (smartclient.com/builds).

Comment

OK, thanks. Will try that...

Comment

Working...
          X