Go Back   SmartClient Forums > Smart GWT Technical Q&A
Wiki Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st Jun 2011, 23:57
Registered Developer

Default Server-side listgrid paging with paging bar

Hello,

i've read the following threads about server-side pagination with a paging bar:
http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=7740&highlight=server-side+pagination
http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=3103&highlight=server-side+pagination

I want to disable the "paging by scrolling" and enable the "paging by clicking a button" (pagination bar). Whats the approach here?

Extending the JPADataSource and modify the DSRequest with sending the current page, modifiing the resultset to only receive the data for the current visible page? And of course adding a simple paging bar with simple buttons for each page...
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 03:32
Administrator

There's no need for any server-side changes to use this approach.
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 04:27
Registered Developer

Thank you for the fast reply.

But what is the correct approach if I do not need to create a custom datasource?

What i have read is, that such paging is not possible, because the listgrid is a live grid which automatically calls "fetch" if the user scrolls up or down.
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 10:28
Registered Developer

We are using SmartGWT Pro, but i can't find any easy solution for this - please help.

Last edited by deejay; 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:32..