Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Request: make focus handling on mouse click in combo better overrideable?

Hi,
    I use a smartclient 8.0 build from beginning of November. What I like to do is that if a user selects a value in a combo that the focus moves automatically to the next field. This is a great productivity improvement for experienced users of an app.
    But I noticed that the _refocusFromPLMouseUp method calls focusInItem explicitly. This causes the focus to remain in the item itself. The _refocusFromPLMouseUp method is obfuscated so I can't really override it.

Is there a possibility to make this method more overrideable? Or even better to do the focus handling on selection of values in a separate overrideable method?

That would be great...

Thanks for your consideration!

gr. Martin

If you can submit a patch that does this we'd look at incorporating it. However be sure to test IE8 as well as multiple mode and other scenarios - if this was an easy change we'd have made it already :)

Comment

Thanks for the positive reply! See the attached patch/diff. The only thing it does is to make the focushandling overrideable, so it does not implement focus-in-next-field (that can anyone do themselve).

The patch is quite simple with one remark, when picking a value both the pickvalue and _refocusFromPLMouseUp will set the focus which is a bit double, either one can be removed I guess.

This is done based on the 8.0 release of 4th of November.

Can you let me know if you have any remarks/questions?

gr. Martin
      Attached Files

Comment

This is a feature request, so I should not be impatient :-), still I am curious if my patch is somehow good to use?

Thanks!

gr. Martin

Comment

Getting even more curious... :-), Was/is my patch usefull?

gr. Martin

Comment

Sorry, this still hasn't bubbled to the top, we'll let you know when it does.

Comment

Working...
            X