Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

problem with update smartgwt 2.5 to 3.0

hello, i use smartgwt 2.5 and smartclient 8.1, all perfect, but when update to smartgwt 3.0 and smartclient 8.2, all with gwt 2.4.

Your *.gwt.xml module configuration prohibits the use of the current doucment rendering mode (document.compatMode=' CSS1Compat').<br>Modify your application's host HTML page doctype, or update your custom 'document.compatMode' configuration property settings.

the aplication run good, but not understend this problem.

thanks, i wait for your reply.

I see the exact same issue. I have an existing SmartGWT 2.5 project using GWT 2.4. I dropped in new Jars from SmartGWT 3.0. The project compiles OK using Eclipse (indigo). However, when I try to debug, I see some errors.

This is my gwt.xml file:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <module rename-to='zhdic3'>
    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>
    <entry-point class='com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.Zhdic3'/>
    <source path='client'/>
    <source path='shared'/>
    </module>
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Stacktrace errors:
    -1---------------------------------------------------------
    19:20:52.930 [INFO] [zhdic3] Your *.gwt.xml module configuration prohibits the use of the current doucment rendering mode (document.compatMode=' CSS1Compat').&lt;br&gt;Modify your application's host HTML page doctype, or update your custom 'document.compatMode' configuration property settings.
    -2---------------------------------------------------------
    19:20:59.705 [ERROR] [zhdic3] Unable to load module entry point class com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.Zhdic3 (see associated exception for details)

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): this.$tq is not a function
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:248)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.layout.VLayout.create(VLayout.java)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.getOrCreateJsObj(BaseWidget.java:361)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.tab.Tab.setPane(Tab.java:600)
    at com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.TabSearch._TabSearch_init(TabSearch.java:53)
    at com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.TabSearch.&lt;init&gt;(TabSearch.java:40)
    at com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.ZhdicTabSet._ZhdicTabSet_init(ZhdicTabSet.java:19)
    at com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.ZhdicTabSet.&lt;init&gt;(ZhdicTabSet.java:10)
    at com.nfshost.kevinarpe.client.Zhdic3.onModuleLoad(Zhdic3.java:38)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:396)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:200)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:525)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    -3---------------------------------------------------------
    19:21:00.229 [ERROR] [zhdic3] Failed to load module 'zhdic3' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1' at localhost:48772

Comment

This comes from loading mixed resources from the new and old version. Run a GWT compile and clear your browser cache.

Comment

I faced the same problem after moving to 3.0.

GWT compile, clean workspace, fresh checkout and then import.... nothing helps.

Please let me know if this there is any fix for this issue

Comment

See the FAQ on problems with upgrades for definitive steps to make sure you are not loading mixed resources.

If you still find you can reproduce the problem, create a minimal, ready-to-run test case that shows the problem, and provide all the details required for a bug report.

Comment

able to resolve problem reported, and found two ways to resolve this
            had following in startup/index/main html...whatever that you have
            <!doctype html>

remove this OR correct it to
            <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

However I consistently see NPE for builtinTypes.xml, which I don't see with other sample projects. Don't know what's going wrong.

However project works fine even if this NPE issue persists.

>>Problem loading builtinTypes.xml
            >>Exception when loading from __USE_CONTAINER__/isomorphic/system/schema/builtinTypes.xml:
            >>java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.isomorphic.io.ISCFile.lastModified(ISCFile.java:419)
            at com.isomorphic.store.ProcessedFileCache.getObjectFromFile(ProcessedFileCache.java:131)

Comment

This indicates failure to install Init Servlet in web.xml. See installation instructions.

Comment

Working...
              X