Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Uncaught Javascript exception

Hi, I get the following message when I upload an image file. I am invoking a method on the server using DMI and writing the image file to disk as opposed to saving it to the database. So far it seems to work in that the image file is written to disk. But at the end I get this message

Code:
    Uncaught JavaScript exception [Permission denied to access property 'getAttribute'] in http://127.0.0.1:8888/myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js, line 487
    I'm running a nightly build from about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I am running in development mode.

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks.

You didn't indicate your SmartGWT version (you should always do this) but the first step is to retest with the latest patched build of whichever version you're using.

If you still see issues, we'll need all the details requested on the forum in order to help.

Comment

In my original report I was running the Eval version nightly build of SmartGwt 3.1d.

As you suggested I tried it with a newer nightly build - Eval version nightly build of SmartGwt 4.0d (dated 2/10/13). I get the same message. I am running in development mode from within eclipse.

The message seems to be triggered when I click on the 'Browse' button to select files to upload.

The following messages are from the nightly build of SmartGwt 4.0d dated 2/10.

The message in the console
      Code:
      Uncaught JavaScript exception [Permission denied to access property 'getAttribute'] in http://127.0.0.1:8888/myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js, line 522
      The callstack in the development mode logs
      Code:
      [ERROR] [myphotoapp] - 14:46:14.850:IFCS4:WARN:Log:Error: Permission denied to access property 'getAttribute'
      Stack from error.stack:
          [c]DynamicForm._getItemInfoFromElement(_1=>[object Proxy]) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:522
          FormItem.checkForEditorExit(true, true) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:989
          FormItem.handleEditorEnter() @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1011
          FormItem.elementFocus(false, undef, undef, undef) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:978
          DynamicForm.bubbleItemHandler({Obj}, "elementFocus", false) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:457
          DynamicForm.elementFocus([object HTMLInputElement], {Obj}) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:470
          FormItem._nativeElementFocus([object HTMLInputElement], {Obj}) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:971
          [a]MathFunction.invokeSuper(_1=>null,  _2=>"$12v") @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:253
          [a]MathFunction.Super(_1=>"$12v",  _2=>[object Arguments]) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js:246
          TextItem._nativeElementFocus([object HTMLInputElement], {Obj}) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:1299
          FormItem.._nativeFocusHandler([object HTMLInputElement]) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:555
          FormItem._nativeFocusHandler([object Event]) @ myphotoapp/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js:553
          unnamed() @ 

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Comment

There's no need to switch major versions, you would just use a newer 3.1p.

The stack trace is useful but not enough to reproduce a problem.

It looks like you have the same stack trace as this other user, which was also unreproducible.

Can you confirm this is a Firefox-only issue, and let us know your Firefox version?

Also, do you have any non-default settings in your browser, especially security settings or browser extensions?

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I was running firefox 11. Tried it with ff 12 and saw the same error. With ff 15 I don't see the error anymore. Also tried with IE 8 and I don't see the error.

I didn't have any non default setting when I was running ff 11.

I had the following extensions in ff 11. I also have them in ff 15.
          - Adblock Plus 2.2.3,
          - Firebug 1.9.2,
          - Google Web Developer Plugin for Firefox 1.18
          - Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.5.0.1234 (this is disabled)

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. Best guess is that this was an interaction between AdBlock and older Firefox. We'll double-check whether it can be reproduced in 10 ESR without AdBlock.

Comment

Working...
            X