Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Custom Binary Field EE Example Does Not Work

When I upload a simple text file to the showcase example (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#custom_binary_field) , it shows properly in the grid but when I attempt to download or view it, the new tab is blank.

Looking for a reply

I should also add this is the same behavior I get when i run it locally. Any advice?

Comment

This is being looked at and we'll update when we have more information, however the problem is a problem with the sample code and not the framework (the sample code does not successfully save the file in the custom storage it demonstrates), so you should have no trouble using the feature so long as your custom storage approach actually works.

Comment

The problem with the sample code is that it just returned a successful save notification without actually persisting the uploaded file on the server - this was done to prevent data vandalism in our public Showcases (ie one user uploads a file others can see).

We're switching the sample code over to use session storage instead and limiting the max upload sizes.

Again: there's no framework issue here, just issues with sample code.

Comment

That's great - Thank You!

Will you reply again when it's released or should I just keep checking?

Comment

We'll reply again

Comment

The SmartGWT EE showcase has now been updated and contains a working example of custom binary field.

Regards,
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
              X