Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unable to run my own helloWorld.jsp

Good morning: I installed SmartClient_70beta in my work and home computers. I created a working folder (_RS) underneath smartclientSDK in both machines. I'm able to run helloWorld.jsp successfully on the work system but not in the home system. I get the following message when running it on the home system:
    HTTP Status 500 -
    type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/_RS/isomorphic" not found

Any thoughts on how to help me on this one?

What do you mean by "installed"? If you are just running from the included server, you wouldn't get an error like that. If you've done something else, you need to explain whatever steps you've taken.

Comment

By "install" i mean that I
      - downloaded the software
      - unzipped the SmartClient 7.0 folder into my C:\drive

Once done with that I launched the embedded server and attempted to browse the examples to validate the installation.

The validation results were reported above

Regards,

Rodrigo

Comment

Works on all test machines (and your other machine). A wild guess would be that the directory paths are too deep, or that you're out of disk space, or that the area of disk where you've installed SmartClient is read-only, or that you have a corrupted Java install. But it's pretty clearly an issue with that particular machine and not SmartClient.

Comment

In your JSP header, you need to change the URI parameter to point to "../isomorphic".

Comment

Working...
          X