Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to indent of individual form items in Dynamic Form?

Hi,

I am facing an issue and have spent enough time to find the workaround. After reading everything in docs, I am here to request help.

I want my individual form items to be indented within Dynamic Form. Is there any attribute of Dynamic Form or Form Item to indent the form item by specified pixels or spaces.

I know about about itemLayout attribute of DynamicForm. In case we set it to "absolute", we can place individual form items anywhere relative to form top-left corner. This is tedious task as you need to place each and every item and is also not a robust solution as it might not be shown properly in different browsers.

If there is any attribute which can make the task of form items indentation, kindly let me know. If there is no such attribute till now, then I would like to request the development team of SmartClient to include such an attribute in FormItem as it will be of much use and will make life easier. My suggestion, I think this attribute should be applicable only when itemLayout attribute of DynamicForm is "table"and it should be of "integer" type. Integer should specify the indentation (in pixels) in relation to the left margin of DynamicForm.

Can I do something similar be by changing the smartclient object model? If yes, please let me know where should I dig more (which code to alter?)

Looking forward to your responses, as its urgent for me. I am using SmartClient for one of the production web app.

Regards,
    Gaurav
Working...
X