Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBox picker list disappear when trying to select date with the date picker

Hello,

I'm using SmartClient_v91p_2014-03-23_PowerEdition and when I have ComboBox that is connected to a data set and I'm filtering fields in the picker list and one of them is date picker the ComboBox picker list disappear and the filter is not selected.

You can reproduce it with this code:

Code:
    isc.DynamicForm.create({
        ID:"exampleForm",
        width:300,
        fields: [
            {
                name:"itemID",
                type:"comboBox",
                width:240,
                title:"Item",
                optionDataSource:"supplyItem",
                valueField:"SKU",
                displayField:"itemName",
                pickListWidth:450,
                pickListProperties: {       
                     showFilterEditor: true       
                },
                pickListFields: [
                    { name: "itemName" },
                    { name: "units" },
                    { name: "nextShipment", filterEditorType: "DateItem" },
                    { name: "unitCost" }
                ]
            }
        ]
    });
    is that a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Showing the FilterEditor for a ComboBox is not a supported configuration. The docs do mention this. The reason is the redundant filtering fields are unclear for the user.

Comment

We've made a change to address this. Please try the next nightly build (April 10)

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

EDIT: To clarify: as stated above, filterEditor + comboBox is not intended to be a supported configuration *but* we fixed the problem that would also have occurred for a SelectItem, where filterEditor is supported.
      Also as an aside, rather than type:"comboBox" you should actually use editorType:"ComboBoxItem". Either will work but the latter is preferred as it explicitly specifies the editor-type (the form item to use) - the type attribute is really used for the data-type of the field.
      Last edited by Isomorphic; 9 Apr 2014, 11:10.

Comment

Ok First thank you for the fix.

Secondly, just to be clear. In my specific scenario you saying that the type should be select and the editor type should be ComboBoxItem?

Comment

"type" is a data-type, like "text" or "date" - internally, for legacy reasons, we try to interpret a few other strings automatically - "select", for instance - but you should set "type" to the data-type of the underlying data, and "editorType" to the actual className of the formItem you want to use to edit the data. So, "ComboBoxItem" in this case.

Comment

OK I understand. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
              Showing the FilterEditor for a ComboBox is not a supported configuration. The docs do mention this. The reason is the redundant filtering fields are unclear for the user.
              Is this also the case for Smart GWT? Can you please point me to the documentation that mentions this.

We currently have several forms that show the FilterEditor on a ComboBoxItem; however, I recently tried to do this for a ListGrid cell editor and encountered a problem. When selecting an item from a FilterEditor drop-down list, the ComboBox disappears but the picklist remains. I tried the same scenario using a SelectItem and it works fine.

I am using the following:

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2015-02-11/Pro Deployment (built 2015-02-11)
              Firefox 24.8.1

Thanks.
              Last edited by stonebranch3; 26 Feb 2015, 14:47.

Comment

Is this also the case for Smart GWT? Can you please point me to the documentation that mentions this.
                This is also the case for Smart GWT, but it appears the warning is omitted from the relevant documentation. We'll make sure this gets added to avoid confusion in future.

Regards
                Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X