Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Firefox 21 and shadow issue

Hi,
    It seems with the latest Firefox 21 release there is some issue with the shadow rendering. It can be seen on Smart GWT showcase shadow example in Firefox 21. I have also attached the image.
    We are using the SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-12-05/Pro Deployment (built 2011-12-05) and also facing the same issue with our application.
    Any info on this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Please use a more recent version - your version predates the release of Firefox 21 by years.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! I just want to make sure that I understood you correctly.
      Are you talking about the Smart Client version? If Yes, we do plan to upgrade to the latest version soon.
      However, as I mentioned before, I can see the same issue on Smart GWT showcase example as well.
      For Firefox version, I checked again and it says I am on the latest version already which is 21.0.
      Having said that, is it a Firefox 21 issue, as IE 9.0 and Chrome don't have this issue?
      Again, thanks for your help!

Comment

The Showcase does not run the latest patched version.

Use the latest patched version of 3.1 or 4.0 from SmartClient.com/builds, and make sure you are using the HTML5 DOCTYPE.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,
          Our customers are in a critical phase and so we won't be able to upgrade to the latest Smart GWT version at this time.
          Is there a workaround we can implement in the meantime or can you help patch the version we are using (SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-12-05/Pro Deployment (built 2011-12-05) ?
          Thanks!

Comment

We sympathize, but no, we can't patch that old of a version for you.

Again, the software you're using pre-dates the Firefox version you're testing with by years, so it's not a supported browser on that version.

To avoid this problem in the future, keep your software more up to date.

If you are desperate for a fix with your current version, just turn off shadows on Firefox.

Comment

Working...
            X