Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Date ListGridField filter date picker vs. date range dialog

I'm in the process of creating a test case for two issues we have with the date range dialog for a Date ListGridField filter*.

The problem right now is that in the test case I get a date picker when clicking the calendar icon in the grid filter while in the real application I get the date range dialog as desired.
    Why is that? I haven't found a setting yet concerning grid filtering that is different between the test case and the app.

* I'll open a new thread once the test case is ready but in brief the issues are:
    • the error message "to field value cannot be earlier than from field value" is not localized (I know about DateRangeItem.setInvalidRangeErrorMessage(String))
    • upon validation of the to/from fields in the date range dialog (grid filter) we get "must be a date" when the date was selected through the date picker, assumed to be some formatting problem
    Attached Files

As far as getting a simple date field, you may have set editorType in the DataSource or field, or the DataSource provided may not support AdvancedCriteria (see DataSource.supportsAdvancedCriteria()).

If any message is not localized in a particular locale, use the instructions in this thread to add translations.

upon validation of the to/from fields in the date range dialog (grid filter) we get "must be a date" when the date was selected through the date picker, assumed to be some formatting problem
    You've configured a formatter that doesn't match your setting for DateUtil.setDataInputFormat() or setDateParser().

Comment

Originally posted by fhisg View Post
      The problem right now is that in the test case I get a date picker when clicking the calendar icon in the grid filter while in the real application I get the date range dialog as desired.
      Why is that?
      I was using grid.setData() in the test case instead of a data source as in the app. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

Originally posted by fhisg View Post
      I'll open a new thread once the test case is ready
      http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?p=102057

Comment

Working...
      X