Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is it possible to have server side grouping for ListGrid

Hi Isomorphic.

I have a lot of data for ListGrid. It is about 100000 records.

Also I have a sorting engine with pagination on server side. To make it work correct - I have disabled the sorting on client side.

I noticed that the grouping feature has a limitation by field groupByMaxRecords. Also I see that the grouping is running on the client side.
    When I click "Group By" in header menu - the ListGrid send Fetch call to receive all data. And after receiving its performs a grouping.
    This process is so slow that it seems that it doesn't work :).

So, my idea is to perform the grouping on server side and after that send to client already grouped records. I have read that grouped records are defined as Tree on the client side. So, for a first time we can send to client the "Parent nodes" (nodes with groups' titles) and fetch the subnodes (grouped records) when user click on "Parent node" to expand its.

So, my question is. Is something similar implemented already? I mean the grouping on server side. If not how can I build the tree on client side using my idea (It was described). And how can I show this tree on UI similar to default implementation.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possible to have server side grouping for ListGrid

Hi Isomorphic, any news on this issue?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic.

Please, let me know any news about this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

grouping with pagination

I also need to implement grouping but with paginated data.
        Did we have any update on this in the recent releases.
        Is there any idea how we can achieve this.

Comment

Either use a TreeGrid with load on demand (which provides a similar interface) or consider Feature Sponsorship.

Comment

Working...
          X