Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Charting Package and SmartGWT Validation

Using SmartGWT 2.5 on Chrome.

I'm posting both questions here because I believe they're both fairly related.

We've been evaluating the SmartGWT Pro package and have decided to purchase it, however we aren't currently using that many features. This is basically what we are using in our application for the foreseeable future:

- Server side data fetching via DataSources
    - Charting (simple FacetCharts) where we explicitly fetch data via a DataSource
    - A bunch of the client side widgets that bind data via DataSources

Essentially the only two features we're using is server-side data binding and simple charting (not even the Cubes).

My question is, I can easily see that the Pro version will cover our needs on the DataSource side, but which package do we need if we want to do charting? It doesn't seen too clear from the pricing chart.

My second question is, as I inspect the net traffic when the application loads I see a call to the isomorphic servers for a version check. Will this always be the case? Sometimes I've seen it take as long as 4 seconds (which seems excessive). When I purchase one of the packages will this go away? And are there any noticeable performance hits as a result of this?

Take a look at the Editions and Pricing page - if you're using the built-in SQL, Hibernate or JPA connectors, some features of those require Power Edition. If you've built a custom DataSource, you're fine with Pro.

To get FacetChart requires purchasing Power + the Analytics module.

The version check indeed goes away once you have a licensed copy.

Comment

Working...
    X